1978 Attex Superchief Restoration.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1978 Attex Superchief Restoration.

Here's a shot of the axles I went with and the keyed hubs. Flanges all greased up and water tight, 3M 5200 adhesive/sealer does a great job sealing flanges!

Attex, there is no substitute

Sweet! Lookin good! Looks like you have some extra threads on the axles. You could probably shim the hubs to widen it some or even stagger them if you want or take them out if you want a narrower machine.

My First T-20 rebuild

Got the T20 split, disassembled, and all cleaned up. The drums look great, was glad to see that! Need new bands though. Was reading posts on relining them. Would like to send them to Trans. Crafter ??? I have the number, anyway, anyone use these guys and have there t20 back together running? What are your thoughts? Also how thick are the t20 adjustment tools? They look easy enuf to just make a pair. Thanks in advance.

I have the last set of bands that alabama bands did in one of my T-20's and a set of the Transmission Crafters bands in my Bigfoot. Both work great. I haven't been running them long enough to know how wear will be, but performance wise, I'm very happy with them. Price and turn around time were hard to beat
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I had the bands in my Max IV relined by Transmission Crafters. I haven't had too much time on my Max since but they seem to work great. As a side note when I received the bands there was a defect on one of them where the material wasn't over the complete area. I called them and they paid to ship the bands back and priority mailed them back to me after all 4 were relined again. The owner Roy even called me back two weeks later to make sure I was happy with the work. Cant beat that kind of customer service.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks Guys, sounds good. That's where I'll send 'em.

Progress.

Been slacking on the pics. T-20 finally rebuilt. Relined bands, new seals, new bearings, new shifters, new sprockets, etc. Found the right pipe. Couple decals from Whipper. Been so busy with work, dont have much time. Good thing about that is i have some $$$ to spend.

T-20 cases

A cheap soda blaster from harbor freight, will really clean up those cases!!!

Looking great! You're all set for racing. Will you make Ashtabula this year?
    Banned

Very nice, Jerber! I love those green Attexes!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread