Attex SC 500

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex SC 500

Attex SC 500

Not long ago I bought a 1976 Attex SC 500cc original 2 stroke engine . needs some new decals has one small drain hole and big as your little finger in left rear of tub. I figure someone put it there before a pump was installed. Its east to just install a rubber stopper and just keep it as a drain plug. No body damages or major scratches over all in real fine shape needs one tire replaced holds air but leaks and side wall damage. Wondered what this model is really worth. I saw a Super Chief go on Ebay not long ago for 7 grand even but it wasn't a 1976. This one is in just as good a shape but that one did not have the original motor it had a 16hp vanguard I think it was. anyway just wondered what a good sale price might be on this 1976 I understand the Super Chief is the most sought after model and the 1976 is really a rare model. I also noticed the roll bar systems attached to some models not as heavy duty as I would like but I don't want to damage this Attex putting something to heavy duty on it. I also wanted to know being this model did not come with a factory roll bar system on it will it hurt the value to put one on it. Myself I figure I am going to sell it or trade it some time soon. Being disabled its kid of costly to take care of and upkeep a vintage 6 wheeler and I need something that will be more affordable for replacement parts. something we can get out and ride and not worry so much can we get the part we might brake or be able to afford it. Any way all feed back will be wonderful Thanks.

Here are some points I have to address. It's hard to say what something is actually worth. It's really how much someone is willing to pay for the machine in a certain condition and what trends are going on in the market. I can promise you that a Superchief won't sell for $7000, not now, nor when they were even brand new. The only Superchief that I could see ever bringing even close to that is one that someone bought brand new, ran it a couple times, and parked it in their garage for 35 years and it's in mint condition, and a buyer, such as a museum (for example), would want it to display. I clearly remember that one on ebay that the guy was trying to get a crazy high price for, and I actually spoke with him about it. It never ended up selling for his crazy high asking price because he thought it was worth way more than it actually was, since he paid (overpaid big time) Richard Clark for the Briggs Vanguard swap. The 1976 Superchief isn't a really rare model at all. It's just the first year that Attex switched from ABS plastic to HDPE bodies. The 1976 was an orange color because Attex was experimenting with the new HDPE plastic bodies. The 1976 HDPE bodies were the most prone to creases of the bodies being thin and becoming weak and getting cracks in them. This was fixed for 1977 and throughout the remainder of the production through the years. The Superchief is the fastest production AATV ever made, but it's not necessarily the most sought after model. It's a fast machine, but many people don't care for the 2 stroke machines because of the maintenance, mixing of the fuel, the smoke, and noise, especially for the trails, so they'd want a 4 stroke machine like a Max, Argo, Hustler, or an Attex 450 Tomahawk.

Just to give you an idea, I sold a 1976 Superchief that I had for $2200 and it had all the decals in tact and perfect, all the tires held air, and the body was nearly scratch free and it really shined nice. It was all original, except for the seats that were recovered, and it ran and started perfectly every time with no issues whatsoever. It was very, very clean inside and out too. I might have been able to get up to $2500, but I was happy with what I sold it for and it went to a good home, and got someone into the AATV hobby. With that being said, and not seeing any pictures of your machine, you could ask for price around $2200 or so and see what happens and what kind of offers you'd get.
    Attached Images
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Give these guys a shout for your decals SIGNS, BANNERS, SCREEN PRINTING, EMBROIDERY and more....Â* - HOME I am dropping off a set of NOS Superchief side stripes for them to copy for another member. They have been doing all my decal work for a few years now and do a great job
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Would have bought that machine without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Would have bought that machine without hesitation.
    Thanks Noel. It was a really nice Superchief and it was really, really nice mechanically and cosmetically. I missed it, so now I have my green Superchief that I'm putting together.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    many people don't care for the 2 stroke machines because of the maintenance, mixing of the fuel, the smoke, and noise, especially for the trails,
    I have to disagree on the more maintenance.... No oil changes on a 2 stroke and mixing fuel isnt a big deal....oil can be injected.
    As far as smoke and noise...i love the sound of a 2 stroke and if the mixture is correct smoke is minimal.

+ Reply to Thread