Argo tires... What to do???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo tires... What to do???

Question Argo tires... What to do???

I'll get to the the point instead of yackin on!!!

I have 6 brand new GoodYear Rawhide III 22-11-8s and I have a 8x8!

I can't get two more brand new IIIs... ANYWHERE!!!

I was thinking, anyone who uses these tires in swamp (if turned paddeling), they are useless for climbing out of holes, so I thought 2 new 22-11-8 Carsile Argo tires on the front, for climbing out of holes, and 6 RH III so if I get stuck, I have them all digging in reverse... as we all now, the Carisle Argos are TERRIBLE in reverse!

What do you think?

P.S. I'm 14... so if I COULD buy all brand new 22-11-8 Carsiles I would, or better yet, I'd buy an new HDI!!!

I say go for it. Might want to try the odd tire in different positions though to see what works best for you.

On one of my Conquests I have all 24" Frontier tires. Great tires for what I do, but they will not swimm backwards, so my solution is to run the second from the back, on each side, backwards. Works great, Swimms forward fine, and will swim backwards as well, but not as fast.

RD

Well, I WISH 24s would fit on mine...!!! I can get 8 BRAND NEW ones for 675$!!!!! I am running 21s on it now... take a look at this photo... do you think there is room for 24s???

0061.jpg

I'm not going to go WAY out on a limb and say yes or no, because I'm sure SOMEBODY has done it before. Remember that a 24" tire vs. a 22" tire is only 1" taller, not 2". But REMEMBER, that's if a 24" tire actually MEASURES 24" tall on whatever rim you're putting it on, and at whatever pressure you're running it (them) at. It might work! Also remember, that you *can* modify the body with a little bit of heat (heat gun, propane torch at a distance) to make a tire fit. Lots of us have done it before, and I'm pretty sure that you would be the first to try it on an Argo 8. What 24" tires are you looking at?

~m

EDIT:: Just read it again, and see that you're running 21's. Still not a huge jump to get 1.5" over the top of the existing tires..... bring the heeeeeeat!

24" Argo Carisle Tires!!!! Ya... never thought about it like that, well I might just get one to see...

Wow.... that's a pretty amazing price for those tires; that's why I asked. They're usually like a Bajillion dollars a piece. No, wait; *Kujillion*..... yah, thas' it. A bottle jack, a shaper (like a piece of wood in the shape of the top of your tire) and some heat, and you'll be set.....

+ Reply to Thread