36mm primary clutch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 36mm primary clutch

36mm primary clutch

Just starting a search for a 36mm or 1 7/16" 4 stroke primary clutch. Can anyone tell me if such a thing exists? I would like to put a 25 hp Kohler into a '73 6x6 Argo.

I priced one last Thursday, $1030.00 without shipping. I wanted one for my 25hp Kohler to upgrade my max-II.
    You can get the part number from hear, http://www.multiquip.com/multiquip/p...rts-manual.pdf and order it from hear, https://www.multiquipparts.com/wgecp/indexmq.html just click on guest and pick the machine with the cvt or enter CVT and click component.

Woudn't it be cheaper to have the crank turned down to a standard size?

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Woudn't it be cheaper to have the crank turned down to a standard size?
    Well i thought about it and did look into it but ether way I go it winds up costing the same for me.
    The machine shops around hear will not turn it down while it is still in the motor, It will run me $200 in parts to rebuild the motor after removing the shaft. the shop wants $500+ to cut the shaft down to 1-1/8" or 1". they claim the high price is do to they have little work and hi operating coasts. I think it's charging like this is why they had to lay off 1/2 there work force. I would turn it down myself but my lathe has no accuracy "tolerance" for procession work and my other lathe has no power yet to test it's tolerances. then I'm looking at $300+ for a new clutch.
    I would rather not open up a good running motor to mod it to a another size shaft. If the motor was old and tired i would then conceder that option.

I cant' beleive it would take that long to turn it down and cut the new keyway. I'm not even sure it matters that the keyway on that side of the crank is clocked accurately.
    I was guessing more like a $100 bill, but it was just a guess. You should PM Whipper, he's a super nice guy(hint hint), he might do it for a decent cost. A 1" clutch should be more like $150-250.

There is probably not enough metal but maybe bore out a clutch to work with the crank?

Sounds like you might be better off selling the kohler and getting another engine. I did a search and smog found a used bandolero engine for $650+ shipping. They are real close to 30hp. Then you can get a clutch too and still be under the $1000 mark. You should be able to get close to that out of the kohler I would think.

Here is the link I found talking about the bandolero engines..
    where to find a used or refreshed Bandolero engine ?

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 03:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread