plow on an attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plow on an attex

Question plow on an attex

does anyone know a simple way to mount a snowplow on a wild wolf attex. is there mounting brackets available or is this a homebuild. any help would be appreciated..

Attex had them at one time. As a kid my neighbor would plow his driveway with his Attex. Back then, I'm not sure snowblowers existed in
    non-commercial form. He was the "Big kid" on the block.

I have not seen an original Attex plow setup ever show up on the net.
    Banned

thanks george....
    i guess it would be hard to attach to the frame and still keep it waterproof.

My understanding is that some frame was attched around both front axles and the bearing flanges. If you're good with welding (I can just about handle model cement) you could probably fabricate your own setup. I think a few years ago some guy in Tenn. was selling factory prints of the setup on Ebay.
    Banned

Check these out.

Whipper
    Attached Images

My Attex had a plow and tracks on it at one time. (I did not get either when I purchased it) It only has 2 small holes 1/4" above the water line and a extra cut out in the black plastic below the seat. I know it had the tracks and plow because the previous owner told me it had a plow, thats why the holes were there. The tracks had to have the muffler conversion from the side to out the back, and factory conversion to a 5 bolt wheel. (I have both). I found this picture in the articles section maybe it will help.
    Attached Images

You can use pillow block bearings that slide onto the axles to give you 2 bolt holes per axle to attach a mounting bracket. I would suggest the front and center axles and run a piece of u channel or angle between the 2 and long enough to get the mount just in front of the body. If it's too long, you will have to remove it when you're not plowing.

i think the pillow block brgs may be the way to go.... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    You can use pillow block bearings that slide onto the axles to give you 2 bolt holes per axle to attach a mounting bracket. I would suggest the front and center axles and run a piece of u channel or angle between the 2 and long enough to get the mount just in front of the body. If it's too long, you will have to remove it when you're not plowing.
    I like it, my homeowners insurance will cover an ATV if used for proprety maintenance!
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    So could this framework br left on all year long? I am thinking if its done right it could protect the bottom corner of the body.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

+ Reply to Thread