members and locations

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: members and locations

members and locations

I have often pondered the possibilities of hand to hand deliveries through our member lists..we all have the same dellimmas of shipping parts over great distances...what say you to passing parts from one member to another across great distances to getting deliveries...example: eightwheeler has a lower tub for an argo that I would dearly love to have. aside from the border duty, the closest member to me is Shane kearny in midway Illinois, from him it would be thornstein in pekin knowing that these two or about an hour apart puts them pretty close to a hand off...now thinking if the gaps get filled.....

Great idea Eddie! When I travel I usually have my truck unloaded, so if I ever go somewhere I try to let folks know so I can get large parts down to them one way or another. Maybe we can have this thread set up kind of like on Craigslist where people list destinations that they are traveling and the dates that they're going. This might make getting large parts to folks a little cheaper and easier than having them shipped (and paying a small fortune and risking damage) by a carrier like UPS.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Eddie,

I would say yes to that Idea, I drive a dodge 1500 it only has a short bed but you can make even big parts work with the right amount of ratchet straps, I live in NC and on any given day of the month I go as far north as watertown NY, as far south as Tampa, Fl to Biloxi, MS and as far west as Lawton, OK Heck I'm In Fort Indiantown Gap, PA right now and will be leaving in a few minutes to go to Tohma, WI which is another regular stop. I travel I-10,20,40,81,95 so much I know I would be of eventual help to some one, some where,

The system would work out if there was maybe a hand to hand shipping thread, you could post what you need moved and where it was and where it needed to go. I think it would be great for those parts and stuff you don't have to have today
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

+ Reply to Thread