Any Downsides to Adair Tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Downsides to Adair Tracks?

Where can u get adair tracks? Im intrested in some for my max 2
    bonewerx

Quote Originally Posted by Bonewerx View Post
    Where can u get adair tracks? Im intrested in some for my max 2
    Here is a link for you to follow:

Adair Argo Sales

Yes, there is a downside to the Adair track system. If you like to winch your vehicle out, you can forget about it. Since you probably will not get stuck again the winch becomes dead weight. Still good to have however, just in case.
    I have never stuck a vehicle with the Adair tracks. In theory, its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Yes, there is a downside to the Adair track system. If you like to winch your vehicle out, you can forget about it. Since you probably will not get stuck again the winch becomes dead weight. Still good to have however, just in case.
    I have never stuck a vehicle with the Adair tracks. In theory, its possible.
    I just got mine two weeks ago for my Frontier 8x8. I would say Noel's statement is accurate. I've been having a lot of fun trying to get stuck. No luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    The generation 10 tracks or the newest version with the heavier chains.
    That's not good. I thought that the Gen 10 tracks were designed to take care of that stretch issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    That's not good. I thought that the Gen 10 tracks were designed to take care of that stretch issue...
    as the whole system is based on chain links, I am worried the chain links will wear quickly in the mud.

Anyway, I already have a set of 18" UHDPE tracks and it's just bad on ice/rocks/pavement so I'm building a set of 15" rubber tracks to better suit my winter conditions. (I'm using 3 Polaris 1.5" tracks I got used on ebay) But don't get it wrong, I think only the adair tracks can swim. In mud, any track is a lot better than tires.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

All tracks are not the same , and there are plenty of video,s on youtube that show how helpless most other tracks systems are in the muddy and wet conditions that our machines were designed for.

In my opinion, these tracks offer cutting edge performance , and like other products of their nature, they do require some additional maintenance from time to time. The only people who should consider tracks are those who are,nt able to go where they want to without them. If you don’t need them , then tracks are of little value at any price or consideration. I do however firmly believe that the trade off is much less wear and tear on the machine, the driver, and the terrain that you are crossing. I have seen the difference in turning with the Frontier swimmer tires on my Frontier, and also the damage that these tires do to my back yard when compared to the Adair tracks on my Frontier. What I really enjoy about a tracked amphib is that it does,nt allow you to fall into pot holes on trails like a similar machine with tires would. Of the many off road toys that are hauled down to river run, atv park to try and get stuck way , I,m sure that our repair costs and labor for maintenance is considerably less than any one who is foolish enough to try and follow us with aggressive mud tires. Before I was introduced to the Adair tracks, my friends and I all ran very aggressive mud tires on our machines because the stock tires that came on them got us stuck way too often. When riding at river run, atv park you,ll encounter some pretty challenging terrain ,and under these conditions you,ll also experience a lot more wear and tear than the average machine sees on a regular basis. With that being said, I,m also sure that Dan will have the exact same opinion based on his experiece with tracked atv repair costs.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.

I couldn't do what I do with just tires. Very hard to go back to tires after running Adair tracks. I enjoy extreme conditions with out getting stuck. That's just what I like. Some people like the challenge, I enjoy going where ever I want without worrying about it.

I have a Argo 8x8 Avenger and was quite impressed with what I see on youtube with the adair tracks. I am thinking about them myself. Thanks for the input.

Palm Beach County, FL. and Pike County, GA
    Thanks guys. Great info. Funny we haven`t heard from anyone with Escargo tracks. Hmmm..........Pop

+ Reply to Thread