Any Downsides to Adair Tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Downsides to Adair Tracks?

Lollipop

I don't think that we have any forum members that run the Escargo tracks on their machines.

smog

I don't think that you'll have to worry about excessive chain wear in the mud with the case hardened chains that now come on the newest generation of Adair tracks.

Palm Beach County, FL. and Pike County, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Lollipop

I don't think that we have any forum members that run the Escargo tracks on their machines.
    You might be on to something there. I`m subscribed to this thread in case anyone shows up. We`ll see........Pop

Biggest downside to Adair Tracks is that I don't have a set yet.

RD

[QUOTE=Rock Doctor;98432]Biggest downside to Adair Tracks is that I don't have a set yet.

Rock Doctor

I know where you're coming from. Before I owed a set of Adair tracks I ran the most aggressive atv mud tires that I could buy and still be able to skid steer with them. There were some mud holes that I knew I could drive through, some I thought I might be able to drive through, and those I knew that I needed to avoid. With the Adair tracks I'm now able to drive any where I want to if my Argo Frontier can fit and it won't tear up my machine.

so true rock doctor, that has got to be the number 1 accessory i want. got the wheels and tires just need the cash for the tracks.

I totally agree with RD, wish I had the cash for a set of Adair tracks. There is some God awful swamps I have to run thru/ around to get to my cabin and think the the Adair tracks might just be the ticket to a whole lot less winching and tearing up of the trails. Really do not not need them for the winter as can get into the cabin a whole lot faster with a snow machine.
    Smile, it's only gonna get worse.

How much does an Adair Track weigh? 18" wide for an 8x8 Argo.

RD

I know the Adair tracks for my Argo Bigfoot weigh about 2/3 what the factory rubber tracks weigh for my Max IV. Maybe if Tim from Adair sees this he can give us an exact number. I am sort of curious.

Keith.

I emailed Tim and also sent him a private message: How much does an 18" inch Adair track weigh for an 8x8 Argo. This was his answer.

About 193 lbs for the 14.5"
    About 225 lbs for the 18.5"
    On an 8x8

+ Reply to Thread