Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

Dear Recreative Industries,

We'd like to submit for your consideration, a wish list of improvements for the Max line. This list was developed through a forum of Amphib enthusiasts. I love the Max line with the T-20 drive system and hope to see it evolve / continue for the foreseeable future. I realize all things involved with business, tooling, RD etc can make change difficult, However I feel RI is getting left behind by competitors currently in the market. I also understand the improvements RI has made over the last decade but feel that they aren't enough to keep pace with your competitors. So it's time to "step it up" Recreatives and make the Max the best Amphib on the market today.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Move the T-20 on the Max IV out from beneath the engine stand and place it under the rear seat making it easier to access.

2. Make a deeper tub available for both the Max IV and II to accommodate larger tires AND tracks.

3. Develop your own "in house" swimming tire selection available in different sizes.

4. Make a swimming track system available.

5. Hydraulic emergency / parking brake system moving the rotors to the center axle. Make the system a hand brake which may require a handlebar type system rather than a straight lateral.

6. Lower the engine down into the tub for a Max IV allowing for a lower CG. Possible because the T-20 moving forward.

7. Offer different options for sprocket gearing.

8. Develop a Low range system for the T-20

9. Provide an Alternator kit for all models to run a full Automotive type alternator.

10. Place into production a 8X8 Max with more cargo capability then currently available on the Max IV

11. Include under-seat storage for all models

12. Look at competitor bearing extension and support and develop a comparable system. Rather than the Ad Hoc system currently offered by RI

13. Old fashion bearing / flange system needs updating. Look at some suggestions for a heavy duty ultimate type bearing

14. Incorporate a 2" receiver hitch system.

15. Full and complete skid plate system.

Most of the above improvements / modifications have already been accomplished by hobbyists working out of personal garages with simple tools.

Thank you for your taking the time to review and consider this list.

Your Loyal Customers
    Last edited by micmac; 04-04-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

I was brainstorming today and thought I'd post this up to have everyone add / subtract to the list. I would like to avoid getting into a "reason why they won't / can't" debate. Instead lets make it a wish list of realistic stuff we'd like to see. This is probably just an exercise but maybe RI will read our posts and add to the Max line. So throw out your thought...

Mike
    Last edited by micmac; 04-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

These apply to the Max II.

Get rid of the jackshaft

Make enough of the engine cover/ cargo area removable to be be able to lube/ adjust chains without having to open the body.

Make different height laterals available. (I just built a set 6" taller for my wifes machine, and it is WAY more comfortable)

Redesign floor pan with "foot rests" in several locations. The current design is great for me at 6'6" as I just brace my feet against the front of the tub, but my wife at 5'4" can't even reach the parking brake when buckled in, much less the front of the tub.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think the single largest improvement to keep up with competitors would be up-gradeing to #60 chain, easy in the buffalo and Max IV (i have done it), but needs tub redesign on the Max II
    I too would prefur to see a parking brake lever not the foot peddle
    the easy way to change the sproket gearing is on the jack-shaft but you have to raise the jack-shaft all the way to the top in it's adjusters to get the room required
    PS I heard there is a new machine comming out next year, being produced in Calgary, some sort of direct competitor to Argo, not hydrostatic, about the same size, i don't have many details but will find out if anyone is interested
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 04-04-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

I don't own a Max, but how about getting rid of the belt drive? Maybe using something similar to a hydraulic torque converter like our cars and trucks have.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I want a springer from the factory with an engine cover that is removable without taking of the upper body. Maybe even a few different options of upper bodies;sport, utility, lowrider, with appropriate accesories: race roll cage, cargo racks, subwoofer. Ok maybe i could do without a lowrider max VIII with a system, but you get the point.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 04-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

"Provide an Alternator kit for all models to run a full Automotive type alternator". Amen. If not a springer, then how about suspension seating to make the ride more tolerable?

2. Make a deeper tub available for both the Max IV and II to accommodate larger tires AND tracks.

3. Develop your own "in house" swimming tire selection available in different sizes.

Or a different rim size. I mean the 8" wheel was standard in the 70's & 80's. But tires now a days are very limited for a 8" wheel.

"8. Develop a Low range system for the T-20" I think more H.P. would cure this......How about something like syncro's for easier shifting.

for the record : I own a 2008 max IV with a B&S bandolero engineand Argo super tracks

and my previous machine was a Argo 8x8.

reusing micmac's list :

1. Move the T-20 on the Max IV out from beneath the engine stand and place it under the rear seat making it easier to access.

6. Lower the engine down into the tub for a Max IV allowing for a lower CG. Possible because the T-20 moving forward.

7. Offer different options for sprocket gearing

9. Provide an Alternator kit for all models to run a full Automotive type alternator.

11. Include under-seat storage for all models

12. Look at competitor bearing extension and support and develop a comparable system. Rather than the Ad Hoc system currently offered by RI

14. Incorporate a 2" receiver hitch system.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread