Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

The Max has always been my favorite though granted competitors have been evolving faster.I would like to offer a suggestion that rather than overwhelm RI with a wish list as long as a wet Sunday and scare them to death with our wants,why not use the experience and wisdom of this forum to between us prioritize a couple of the very most important items and see how that goes.I don't believe any manufacturer will even entertain any suggestions from an enormous list.Remember no manufacturer builds things for any individual just for larger cross-sectional groups. IMHO only.

You can continue the thread by showing the mods that have been worked out already.
    Hydraulic handbrake. Full Skidplate and Argo type axle seals

Personally, I would like to you to add some sort of effective cabin heat and windshield defrost system, or, at the very least, electrically heated controls and seat cushions.
    Max Iv should have a folding 2 piece windshield (or at least one that is easily removable) for summer riding or when you want to fish from the vehicle.
    A Max IV should be able to seat 4 people in the cab, not three. Move or reconfigure the laterals to one side of the vehicle (perhaps with Argo-like controls), consider offering front bucket suspension seats as an upgrade instead of your sole current bench layout.

Relocating the T20 on the MaxIV shouldn't be a problem, couldn't they just put a MaxIV body on top of a Buffalo lower tub?
    Handbrake replacing foot brake is a no-brainer.
    High/low range T20

Not trying to put pressure on RI, but heard recently that Argo was planning to introduce 6 improvements per year on their lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    I would like to offer a suggestion that rather than overwhelm RI with a wish list as long as a wet Sunday and scare them to death with our wants,why not use the experience and wisdom of this forum to prioritize a couple of the very most important items and see how that goes.I don't believe any manufacturer will even entertain any suggestions from an enormous list.Remember no manufacturer builds things for any individual just for larger cross-sectional groups. IMHO only.
    I for one agree with Eldon, I think the top suggestion every body can agree on is
    Make a deeper tub available for both the Max II and IV to accommodate larger tires AND tracks. 6" should be more than enough to accommodate up to 12" rims and the biggest tire's out there. this has a double benefit of allowing a suspension seat to be used.

3" is the maximum that the tub can be hightend on a Max II and 4" on a Max IV because of the distance between axles, you will hit the tires between before youll hit the tub
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

You are right about that Charlie,is there any wiggle room to set the front axle slightly forward and the rear axle slightly back with the existing framework? The Max would be a fearsome weapon though with bigger tires as indicated by freQ42.

Even 3" and 4" taller tub, respectively, is still a HUGE improvement on what kind of rubber could be stuffed under these machines. As I've said elsewhere before, it's still too bad they can't engineer an amphib-specific tire that's minimum 27" tall and desgined to fit an 8" beadlock rim. Imagine how much more comfy our MAXes would ride with all that additional sidewall flex!

I agree with most of the requests here on the realistic 'wants' for the R.I. machines, especially the #60 chain throughout, an legit alternator for running extra lighting & various other accessories (GPS, radio, CB, etc.), suspension seats and 2" receiver hitch.

I would recommend that R.I. upgrade all of their axles to 1 1/2" diameter. (Most especially on the Max IV & Buff truck since one is carrying 4 people and the other is purpose-built to haul heavy loads.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    You are right about that Charlie,is there any wiggle room to set the front axle slightly forward and the rear axle slightly back with the existing framework? The Max would be a fearsome weapon though with bigger tires as indicated by freQ42.
    nope no wiggle room, the axle sprokets would get too close to the frame, in fact in the Max IV they are already too close
    personally i think it is better to post every possible upgrade imaginable and let RI decide what they can and can't do, sometimes it is very easy to do a second upgrade once a first one is done, for eg, if your gonna mod the tub why not build into it the ability to strech the frame 2" each way. also if your gonna mod the frame "at all" yur gonna want to make all the changes to the frame that you can dream of at once so that you do not have to change it again later
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 04-09-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

+ Reply to Thread