Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    3" is the maximum that the tub can be hightend on a Max II and 4" on a Max IV because of the distance between axles, you will hit the tires between before youll hit the tub
    True, only thing I see is that with a bit more clearance you can use the large tires AND put tracks on them. Should make the max line great in the snow since the nose plowing is what stops/"stucks" you. (Plus you don't need to get another set of smaller "tracks" tires/rims.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I emailed a link for this thread to RI. I'm sure I won't hear back from them but it's worth a shot. Maybe some folks who frequent the factory could bend their ear a little as well. I think the longer the list is the better. If a few things are really popular they will stand out, also there maybe somethings that would be easy to incorporate that they may not have thought of. Brainstorming by committee always brings out interesting ideas. These are after all just ideas, I don't think anyone is demanding RI put them into production. I'm sure the people up in Buffalo are business professionals and can determine what if anything is financially worth pursuing.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

any of you tried to do the +4" tub instead of just pushing up the lowest part under the "fenders"?

edit : can't we just buy an uncut lower tub, make a jig to hold the wheel wells while we stretch the vertical parts to a +4" design using a lot of heat and an hydraulic jack against a jig on the bottom to stretch it?

edit 2 : I think I just told you the proper way to do it

edit 3 : now I WANT a +4 tub.... to ride my custom 1.5" rubber tracks over the 26" tires !
    Last edited by smog; 04-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

If its ok i would like to get in on this too LOL
    the tiny little engine access on a Max II really isn't big enough you can hardly get at the pull start cord let alone do anything else
    I would like to see some other upper bodys made, you should see the upper robinhood made from fibreglass for his 700mxz II its unbelieveable , a hood on the front, robinhood post some pics of that thing it's evil LOL
    60 chain is definatly a good one
    2 speed would be nice
    an 8 wheeler model once the 2 speed comes
    a stereo place
    bigger battery and charging system
    hand brake cable like a skidoo
    get the tub waaay up so we can run some agressive skidoo tracks on them with big tires
    if i think of more ill post them

Ronaldlewis, you have mail
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Lengthen the wheelbase on the MaxIV four inches and space the wheels evenly. Allow more room for bigger tires and develop a 27" swimmer tire, make the tub three inches wider for better stability and flotation in water
    -Put the gas tank under the front seat like an Argo frontier and have some storage space for tools
    -Give the passengers in the rear seat more leg room.
    -Low range on the T-20, you already have the best skid steer system now lets make it a work horse
    -Swimmer tires of your own design or work with Matt O. who is working on his own swimmer tire
    -Swimming track option-already designed-just add the option
    -Heavy duty bearings and chains with axle extensions similar to the Argo (or use their extensions-I am sure that would sell them them or the supplier would be happy to sell them to you). #60 chains a sprockets

-Thickly Padded seats or suspension seats

MOST OF ALL-AUTOMATIC CHAIN ADJUSTER THAT LIFTS THE CHAIN AWAY FROM TO TUB SO THE CHAINS DON'T SLAP THE TUB!

Let's make the Max almost maintenance free so we can ride it instead of fixing it.

A MaxIV with a 62" wheelbase, 25 inch swimmer tires, a T-20 with a low range and a set of Adair tracks would be an absolute terror, beast, unstopable-Bad to the Bone! Oh ya, and it would ride smoother!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-09-2011 at 11:28 PM.

about the bearings, I can't tell for older MAXes but my 2008 MaxIV-500T have the same bearing size as the Argo HDI; I had them all side by side on the work bench and the bearings are the same size but RI had larger bolt pattern on the flanges while argo made the HDI flange bolt pattern the same as the older argo that had smaller bearings so they could use the newer flanges as a retrofit.
    Last edited by smog; 04-10-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Not so techy as most of you so here are my little suggestions
    how about a top in a primer state that will take paint without flaking off
    some sort of small secondary tank.... on mine when she is running low on petrol (gas) it sloshes around and has caused air in carbs.
    adjusters to move engine back to tighten belt... similar to the chain tensioners. mine just wont shift without a fight.

here is an updated wish list

1. Move the T-20 on the Max IV out from beneath the engine stand and place it under the rear seat making it easier to access.
    2. Make a deeper tub available for both the Max IV and II to accommodate larger tires AND tracks.
    3. Develop your own "in house" swimming tire selection available in different sizes.
    4. Make a swimming track system available.
    5. Hydraulic emergency / parking brake system moving the rotors to the center axle. Make the system a hand brake
    6. Lower the engine down into the tub for a Max IV allowing for a lower CG. Possible because the T-20 moving forward.
    7. Offer different options for sprocket gearing.
    8. Develop a Low range (2 or 3 speed) system for the T-20
    9. Provide an Alternator kit for all models to run a full Automotive type alternator.
    10. Place into production a 8X8 Max with more cargo capability then currently available on the Max IV
    11. Include under-seat storage for all models
    12. Look at competitor bearing extension and support and develop a comparable system. Rather than the Ad Hoc system currently offered by RI
    13. Old fashion bearing / flange system needs updating. Look at some suggestions for a heavy duty ultimate type bearing
    14. Incorporate a 2" receiver hitch system.
    15. Full and complete skid plate system.
    16. Get rid of the jackshaft
    17. Make enough of the engine cover/ cargo area removable to be be able to lube/ adjust chains without having to open the body.
    18. Make different height laterals available. (I just built a set 6" taller for my wifes machine, and it is WAY more comfortable)
    19. Redesign floor pan with "foot rests" in several locations.
    20. up-grade to #60 chain throughout
    21. how about getting rid of the belt drive? Maybe using something similar to a hydraulic torque converter like our cars and trucks have.
    22. springer from the factory
    23. a few different options of upper bodies;sport, utility, lowrider, with appropriate accesories
    25. suspension seating
    26. a different rim size. I mean the 8" wheel was standard in the 70's & 80's. But tires now a days are very limited for a 8" wheel.
    27. How about something like syncro's for easier shifting (in the T20)
    28. Argo type axle seals (double sealed aluminum case)
    29. Cabin heater
    30. Defrost system
    31. windshield wiper system
    32. heated hand controls
    33. heated seats
    34. folding or removable windsheild for the Max IV
    35. bucket suspension seat
    36. move lateral controls farther to one side
    37. make tubs wider for more stability in the water
    38. move the axles farther apart to accomodate larger tires
    40. upgrade axles to 1.5"
    42. hand brake (like skidoo)
    43. stretch the Max IV and space axles evenly
    45. more rear leg room in rear
    47. thickly padded seats
    48. automatic chain adjusters that hold the chain away from tub
    49. a paintable upper body
    50. a secondary fuel tank

I did leave some out (they ARE on the newest models)
    wow, now there is some things to think about
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 04-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

Well now Charlie you have a real list there.Have you put a price tag on these improvements?A buddy who used to deal in Argo's put it very well by saying "anything in regard to improvements can be done,but folks are complaining about the price now".LOL I put the cost of a unit with these improvements somewhere between $40-50 K.

+ Reply to Thread