Clutches for Kohler Command 25

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Clutches for Kohler Command 25

Havr you considered this clutch? 302469A - 1195 Series Drive Clutch for Recreatives Ind Max ATVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Ok, I need to get my project rolling (no pun intended) again, so I really need to find out about what clutchs to get. I am currently watching a 1 1/8" x 3" crank on ebay, but in case that doesn't work out I talked to the machine shop that my small engine guy uses, and they said that they can turn the PTO down from 1 7/16 to 1 1/8 for $60-70 no problem, they've done it plenty of times. Now I just need a set of clutches!

I don't like the idea of buying the R.I. clutchs that costs more than I paid for the engine, but if it comes down to being the only option, I will. I like the clutch that rdebaeke mentioned, but would like to hear your opinions on it, and what driven you suggest using with it. 1 1/8 inch straight shaft clutch

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Vin View Post
    I have, but that one is alot cheaper than what I was told it would cost! I was told $585!!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Pull the trigger. There's nothing like new. On another note, I love the fact that RI is still in business and I know they need to make money, but their prices are nuts. I've been following the Comet/Salsbury clutch issue for some time and I knew that Manufacturer's Supply would be carrying them sooner-or-later. you could also check Certified Parts Company. Manufacturer's Supply is getting them from Certified Parts Company. Just have the part number ready when you call them. Tell us how it turns out. Don't forget. Uncle Vin

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I have, but that one is alot cheaper than what I was told it would cost! I was told $585!!

I think, considering my currently low funds, and the fact that Comet is out of business, I am going to get a 94c Duster for right now before they are all gone. Hopefully in the future I will have enough funds to upgrade to a R.I. clutch, but I don't have that kind money to spend right now. This way after I upgrade, I'll have a spare clutch just in case.
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I never have, but I heard that they're decent. They don't have rollers in them, just weights that fit in the slots of the clutch, so I guess there's less to go wrong with them since there are fewer moving parts.
    As long as your running it on a stock engine with a governor you should be fine with a duster. I had a 94c on one of my built (ungoverned) engines and it came appart at high RPM's (i think it was in the 5800 range when it exploded). It put a couple holes in the lower tub and one weight still hasn't been found. It was replaced by the supplier and I will be running the replacement on a stock 18 vanguard with no reservations.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well I just decided to go with the 1195, so when it gets here I'll take the crank out of the engine and have it turned down to fit. My Hustler is officially going to be awesome!
    1974 Honda ATC 70

I was wondering about drive belt length. I didn't order one because I'm not sure wether the new engine will be in the same spot as the old one. When the new clutches get here I will get it all together but I'll need to find out how long of a belt to get. I thought there was a thread on this but I couldn't find one, so how do I go about measuring for a new drive belt?
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Here is the thread I have bookmarked. It has got a few sites in it to help with measurements. Don't know if the work or not, but its a start. I know where you can get an old belt if you need one...

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...-question.html

Got a call from MFG Supply today, and both the drive and driven clutches are backordered with no ETA..... Looks like I'll be waiting even longer....
    1974 Honda ATC 70

Got a call today and the driven clutch is on the way...still no word on the drive....
    1974 Honda ATC 70

+ Reply to Thread