need re-built t-20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need re-built t-20

need re-built t-20

can anyone tell me if there is another source besides richard's for purchasing a re-built t-20? thanks for any help

whats wrong with the one you have.

I have a good rebuilt T-20 that I'll sell you for half of what Richard Clark charges.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Richard's T-20s are priced right for what you get. There seems to be different levels of "rebuilt" going on with some of these T-20s that are for sale online. I was once offered a rebuilt T-20 for $600. Seems like a good price until you find out it is "rebuilt" with only new seals and nothing else. There is over $500 worth of bands and bearings in there alone, plus figure an old used trans costs at least $400 to $600, plus the labor of putting the parts in by someone who actually knows how to do it. So, is it possible to get a rebuilt trans for less than what Richard sells it for? Sure it is, but you always get what you pay for one way or another.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Thanks for that information Brandon. I don't sell transmissions often, nor to make a huge profit on them. When I do put a rebuilt T-20 up for sale, it is the same exact thing as Richard Clark sells but half the price, so the whole "you get what you pay for" thing doesn't really apply here. It's true that some people might only do seals or something when they say a transmission is rebuilt, but when I rebuild a transmission I buy and install a complete T-20 rebuild kit from directly from Skid Steer Corporation (Recreatives). I only reuse the bands if they're in good usable condition, and I learned how to rebuild the transmissions by factory trained Recreatives employees, so you know it has been done right.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    There is over $500 worth of bands and bearings in there alone, plus figure an old used trans costs at least $400 to $600, plus the labor.....
    So, we're up to $1100 plus labor? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    ...... plus the labor of putting the parts in by someone who actually knows how to do it.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/content/251-rebuild-t20-skid-steer.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/content/244-t-20-skid-steer-transmission-rebuild.html

There. Now we all "actually know how to do it".

~m

Ah what do we mean?????
    "Rebuilt" Took it apart, looked good inside and put it back together. Should work for at least an hour, or at least long enough to say it wasn't due to the rebuild.
    "Reconditioned" Took it apart replaced bad parts (subject to opinion) and put it back together. Probably work for a good long time. Sorry about the worn sprockets.
    "Remanufactured" Took it apart, reused parts that were in spec, Replaced all worn parts and will work and last as long as a new unit. With a Warranty.

Jpswifts work is good. I've been to the factory with him to get parts for him to get parts for a rebuild on my t20. I would buy parts and machines of him over richard any day of the week. I'm actually surprised he has a t20 available right now with how many project machines he's got going on.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm sure JP does a fine job. I just want to illustrate a point about when people say rebuilt.

yup i know what Jersey is saying , someones idea of a reconditioned 350 chevy , is it was pulled out of a running car ,it ran good, so he changed the front and rear seals , changed the oil pan gskt and then splashed some orange paint on it and called it reconditioned.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

+ Reply to Thread