My post came after yours due to the time i posted and was not directed at anything you said. Your points are always valid. I was just trying to ease max rules mind if he really is considering buying of jpswift. I do understand and agree with your rebuilt breakdown as well. I've bought some junk stuff several times and can relate to getting a townie special. Actually my machine was a townie special and if it were not for this site, jpswift's help, and the advice of fellow forum members my wife might have really killed be after the 8th or 9th issue i had with what appeared to be a really clean machine.

After a t20 teardown with jpswift, i don't even hesitate to pull one apart. They really are fairly simple. If you don't feel comfortable buying a referbed from a private party, i would encourage you to tear yours down yourself using the link hydromike posted. If its already broke, what do you have to loose. The worst that happens is you gain some knowledge about your machine. All parts can be purchased new, and bands can be relined. Someone here had drums redone as well.