The Beaver... interesting performance claims...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Beaver... interesting performance claims...

The Beaver... interesting performance claims...

Hey Moderator_Mike,

I just read the scanned article you posted up of the Beaver. (Great scan, by the way). The performance claims of the manufacturer are downright ambitious! It'll climb a 60% grade? That's pretty amazing, really. As you point out, they claim it'll reach 50mph (50mph in the top advertisement, 40mph in the lower explanation?). The largest engine they offered was a 200cc, but with a 4-speed gearbox, I suppose it was attainable. You could get turn signals, floor mats, etc. Looks like a pretty fun machine to take to the supermarket, but I'm not convinced of its off road prowess . Great info. nonetheless!

~m

All thanks go to Don on those scans. I just uploaded them. As for the performance, I laughed at that myself.

Maybe it can climb that 60% grade at 50mph in 4th gear

Here's the direct link for anybody that hasn't seen it: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/aatv-...72-beaver.html

I thought the same thing about the claims of speed and climbing ability. I've seen only one of these machines in the "flesh", and it was in very poor shape. One thing that stuck in my head about it was the narrow, long footprint of the beast (it's looks wider in the pic than I remember). I can't imagine going very fast in one of these things- it just doesn't look stable. Cool little machine, though!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ward, you were a little hard on the beaver last night.

Whipper

[QUOTE=Don;7384]I thought the same thing about the claims of speed. I can't imagine going very fast in one of these things- it just doesn't look stable.[QUOTE]

It's just as well. It's been my experience that you really are better off taking your time with a beaver.
    Banned

OK, I'll chime back in. It seems obligatory at this point.

If there's one thing I was always taught as a youngster, it was to steer clear of high performance Beavers. While quite a few folks may have had experience taking them to the limit, I'm more for the steady, slow approach like George. Too often, when you push these things as much as some of us do, they tend to break.

Nobody wants a broken Beaver.

~m

Quite possibly the little machines didn't become more popular because of the air-cooled engine. They may have been better off trying to fit a liquid-cooled model.

Nothin' worse than an overheated Beaver.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Three wheeler?

Isn't that half of what it should be ?

I am not impressed even if it is my countries symbol.

One of the many things that impresses me about the AATV is it can go on snow (with tracks) and then land and water. That beaver looks like it needs to hibernate in the winter
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Thanks for the laugh!

Great thread Guys. I needed the laughs.

Hmmm...that Beaver looks unstable with three wheels...IMO, they would be fun to ride, but not trustworthy!

+ Reply to Thread