I Love my Wife!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love my Wife!

I Love my Wife!

Last thursday at Busco, Hydromike walked up to me with his phone to show me the pics of the Attex 8x8 Trainer that Swift had found for sale. Needless to say the wheels started turning. I spent the weekend scheming on how to come up with the cash (it's far enough away that fuel would cost nearly as much as the machine).

I have been talking back and forth with the seller ever since, and was told that he would hold it for me if I sent him a deposit. I called this morning to get all the info I needed to wire him the deposit, and he tells me that he just sold it. My day was pretty well shot at that point.

When Beth got home from work, she told me that she had bought something and would need me to go pick it up for her... in Michigan. I would love to post the transcript of the text messages that went back and forth between H-Mike and Beth behind my back, and also the Texts Between H-Mike and myself after I found out the machine had been "sold out from under me" but neither conversation is P.C. enough to post on 6X6world

Friday morning I will hop in the truck for the 30+ hour RT drive to pick up my new toy.
    I have an 18hp Vanguard that will go into the machine, and will be putting 1 1/4 Argo axles and sprockets in it sometime down the road, but otherwise plan to return the machine to it's original appearance.

I will post some pics once I get the machine home
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Congrats on the purchase Brian, I know you really wanted that trainer. Glad to hear Beth found a way to get it for you.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

SWEET!! Would this be Mr. Hall's machine?? Or did ANOTHER surface up there?
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

You need to stop by and say hi while you are here Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    SWEET!! Would this be Mr. Hall's machine?? Or did ANOTHER surface up there?
    Not Mr Hall's. my pockets aren't that deep. he will get to keep that machine for a long time with the 5k price tag on it.
    Last edited by racerone3; 04-19-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Great job Beth! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. Congrats on the new machine!

I wish I could faithfully apologize for the subterfuge.

I cannot.

The Mrs. is coniving and evil. She genuinely relished in your depression when you found out it was sold. She's awesome.
    ~m

*paging Jennifer* See what Brian's wife bought him? *paging Jennifer*

That is awesome. I can't wait to see pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Not Mr Hall's. my pockets aren't that deep. he will get to keep that machine for a long time with the 5k price tag on it.
    Was wondering if he'd lowered his price. I actually thought he'd quoted me ~4K, either way a bit much, or I'd have bitten then. (Now I couldn't bite at $40 )
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Aha! So that's where it went! I wondered why the guy was laughing as he told me he'd just sold it. At least I know it's going to a good home.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread