Argo on Escargotracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argo on Escargotracks

Are you serous?

Quote Originally Posted by artist1018 View Post
    168 lbs. per track
    The super tracks are starting to look better
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Have you looked at these tracks:

http://www.argorsbolduc.com/items.html

They are supposed to be better than what Argo used to offer but they might be what Argo is using now.

Rock Doctor

What happened on that trip that pulled the axle out of the hub?

salamander;
    What happened on that trip that pulled the axle out of the hub?
    I take it you want to know why the hub seperated from the axle??

We had about 3 feet of snow on the trail, and the snowmobiles had broken a trail straight down the middle. I was packin pretty heavy loads, and had to break the trail for the Argos. The snowmobile trail was just wide enough for the inside edge of each track to ride on the packed trail. The weight I was hauling wanted to press the Argo into the snow deeper than the snowmobile trail. That made driving down the trail much like walking along a knife edge (VERY DIFFICULT), but it also made the inside edge of the tracks take alot of the weight, which in turn put alot of stress on the axle hubs (remember, with Supertracks, you need the axle extensions). I believe that the extra stress of the "uneven" trail, combined with the heavy loads, was just too much and caused the hub to fail. Or, I might be reading too much into the whole thing, and it was nothing more than a bad welding job on that axle.

What Year was the Argo ?

What Year was the Argo? I herd two Argo Dealers tell me to stay away from models before 1985 because of hub axle problems
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Robio_8x8,
    What Year was the Argo? I herd two Argo Dealers tell me to stay away from models before 1985 because of hub axle problems
    That one is a 2004

I never heard that before, but i would say that adding a little more meat to the welds is pretty easy to do.
    Actually, there was a comment from another member, on another thread about hub seperation. He had a hub seperate from the axle, same as me, but on the other side. He used his wirefeed to add more weld to the other axles and has never had a problem since then.

I believe that I had too much load, and the conditions were bad enough to overstress the axle.

Rock Doctor

Thanks guy. Your videos, and detailed commentary are very helpful to a new 6x6'er looking to avoid gettin in over my head with damage and repairs.

I'd like to see him go down those hills so I can see how the new brake works.
    2008 Argo Avenger EFI 8x8
    2001 Argo Bigfoot 6x6

i have a set

i have a set if anyone has any questions email me at y2kadle@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread