Argo on Escargotracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo on Escargotracks

Argo on Escargotracks

Clip that I found. These suckers sure can climb.

Escargo tracks from Canada

Hello Rock Doctor, i really enjoy all your video on Youtube, I got them all in my favorite list!!!! Your Pics of bush guard and rear bumper are also really nice... I own a 1985 Vanguard that i update slowly with nice option. First I change the engine from a 16 hp 1 cyl to a 18hp twin brigg and it's days and night.... Next, car alternator and Hydro brakes from snomobile ...

Concerning the Escargo Tracks they are from here in northern Ontario, Canada. I found they really well made and durable but i dont know what are gonna be the effect on the transmission, just like the Bolduc rubber tracks. I really like to try them but my machine is to wimpy... No bearing extension....

I put the link to their site if you want to see more video.... Keep up the good work on your video... Can'T wait to see them...

Martin
    St-Lin Laurentides, Québec, Canada

Escargo Tracks

Thanks for the link Martin.
    Glad you like the clips, I will make more when I get into some different terrain. I don't want to bore you guys with more muskeg

should I get these tracks or originals ?

I am glade I saw this I was going to buy the supertacks Argo sold but was not sure if they will go in the deep snow. I have asked for pricing on these escargo tracks if they cost less I will go with them for sure

Escargo Tracks - Timmins
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Hey Robio,
    The Supertracks work alright in deep snow ( I have used them in snow up to 11 feet deep), but they are not very good if you have to climb up steep hills in deep snow. The snow that we get around here is very much like "coarse sugar", and I'm not sure that anything would work very well in it. (excluding snowmobiles, they work fine as long as you have enough track speed). Once you break a trail, and let the snow "set", you will have no problems.
    Supertracks are absolutly useless in "slushy snow", this is where the Escargo Tracks really seem to shine. There are a few clips on Youtube, that show the Escargos in slush......VERY IMPRESSIVE

I think that the Escargo Tracks will set you back about $3,800
    Not sure if that includes axle extensions.

I broke this trail into my cabin, last yr, in the spring. The snow was about thigh deep on me. First trip in, I had about 20 sheets of OSB Plywood loaded on my Argo. The guy with me had standard tracks, and had no problems as long as he followed my tracks. Both of us were loaded very heavy.

Oh I forgot to mention steep hills

I have deep snow and steep hills to tend with. As far as the type of snow well that changes daily. I use a snowmobile that I find is a bit to wild. If I go slow the snowmobile may not make it and sink, if I go fast the trees on the sides of the one lane road / really long driveway seem to close for comfort. I haven’t impaled myself yet on a tree but sometimes my nerves feel shoot by the time I get to my cottage. This is my second winter I have used a snowmobile and I may go back to getting the snow removed.
    $3800 for tacks alone is a bit to high. That is more then what I paid for my machine. My sled I got for under $500 LOL

Nice Video I have seen it before .When I saw it before there was verily little about AATV and snow tracks on youtube. I hope they become more affordable in the near future.
    Last edited by Robio_8x8; 01-22-2008 at 03:48 PM.

You were right on with your estimate

I got an email back giving the prices for each type of Argo

The most appealing part of this email was his statement justifying the cost
    “Our Escargo Tracks are a little bit more expensive but you can go farther and do more in the bush”
    This sounds so appealing on so many levels

Track price given

8 wheel Avenger is $3700

Conquest is $3600

Frontier 6 wheel Argo is $3575

The price of the Big Foot 6 wheel is $3500

He claims that the Conquest is the best and does not need the tires changed like the Avenger

Any chance that they told you the weight of the tracks?

Mabe you need one of these, it's what we use at work

The Argo is big enough

Should I reply to the email asking the track weight?

I like that picture but I do not think I can tow it behind my Blazer

Track weight

168 lbs. per track

+ Reply to Thread