Mudd-Ox Springer?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mudd-Ox Springer?

Mudd-Ox Springer?

Greetings everyone,
    After finding this site a mere week ago, I've already read most of it!
    My meager understanding of things 6x and 8x has led me to consider purchasing a diesel Mudd-Ox, but it doesn't stop there. Next I read about a "Springer" kit. This is too cool, as the videos of Godzilla and Goliath have shown.
    While I'm not looking for a racer, but a smooth ride, has anyone Springer'ed a Mudd-Ox? If not, is there any reason it couldn't be done? How would be your go-to-guy for such a project?

As always, thanks for your thoughts on this!

ktm950se

That would be Whipper. There are now 7 of these machines. Possible pans for more.

The Spider : First one built (Attex)
    The SS : Bridget"s machine, Whippers wife (Max II)
    The Apache : George's machine (Attex)
    Godzilla : Whipper's (Max IV)
    The Scorpion : Whipper's (Attex)
    The Carolina Crush : Lewis's Machine (Attex)
    Goliath : WFO's Machine (Max IV)

There are a few fellows that have made a springer kit for Argo's but haven't heard from them in a while. Looked promising, i like their thinking.
    Last edited by lewis; 04-24-2011 at 09:10 PM.

If micmac doesn't beat me to it, I plan to build the first Hustler springer in the next couple of years.

Lewis, I thought Bridget's SS was a Max II?

Anyway, It would be awesome to see a 8x8 springer! I think that IRS 4 wheeler rear ends would work good, especially aluminum ones, but they might not be heavy-duty enough for a big Mud Ox.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    If micmac doesn't beat me to it, I plan to build the first Hustler springer in the next couple of years.

Lewis, I thought Bridget's SS was a Max II?

Anyway, It would be awesome to see a 8x8 springer! I think that IRS 4 wheeler rear ends would work good, especially aluminum ones, but they might not be heavy-duty enough for a big Mud Ox.
    You are correct It is a Max II, i edited the list. Thanks....so many Max's. lol

I hope someone does a Hustler it would look great!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Oh no! Stonewall just threw out the challenge. I'm going to have to start saving my pennies. A springered Hustler would look WAAAY cool. I'd bet old Rob might be the first due to his proximity to all things springer.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Does anyone know how to get in touch with "Whipper"? I'm considering a Mudd Ox with a springer kit and I need to find out where the suspension parts come from and what is available. Thanks.............
    Don
    Deltona, Florida
    dfyock@cfl.rr.com

Try to PM him, his user name is Whipper-ag.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktm950se View Post
    While I'm not looking for a racer, but a smooth ride, has anyone Springer'ed a Mudd-Ox? If not, is there any reason it couldn't be done?
    I can think of one!!
    Attex, there is no substitute

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 03:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread