Buying a new HDI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a new HDI

Buying a new HDI

Well I am about to go buy a 2011 750 HDI. I love my Bigfoot but I really want the extra room and I test drove one about a month ago along with a mudd ox and I thought it was a night and day difference. The hdi aureus smooth and it had tracks on. I honestly thought I would like the mudd ox better and was really leaning that way until I test drove them. They sure are proud of both of them but I have never bought anything new in my life so I guess there is a first time for everything. I have been looking around for used models but they have held there value so much that I think the price of used coupled with the improvements over the last two years that it is worth getting the HDI and being done for many years. I am hopping that some Hdi owners will chime in and help give me a warm fuzzy before I take the leap. I would like to hear from rock doctor on any updates with the failures that he has heard about at work or anyone else's hands on experience. Thanks

New HDI is great!!!! if you have any questions i could try to help. Im new but i know a little.

Do you own one? If so what year?

Do you have one? If so what year?

I don't own one but I drive one daily and fix it when it breaks aswell. Its brand new.

i just picked up my new 2011 750 hdi yesterday. obviously dont have enough time with it to tell you if there will be any problems, went for a quick 10km ride down a swampy hydro line last night when i got it home. it is a amazing machine.

Dromas, congrats on your machine. Did u get the tracks. Did they tell u anything about any warranty?

1999f1504x4, have u had any issues with the machines u have been running and what are you using them for?

I work on these machines all the time for the extra money buy a mudd ox. The admiral tranny runs hot when operating in low for a certain time period. Its funny. Argo builds transmissions but they still can't get it right

So running hot in low is causing the majority of the problems? What issues does the heat having? Besides the normal thermal breakdown of oils and seals? Would you say it was a nuisance or a show stopper? Is it something you can learn to avoid? Thanks for all the responses

akpride

I sold my 2010 Mudd-Ox to buy a 2011 Argo Frontier.I never had any heat issues with the Mudd-Ox because it had two very large electric fans on either side of the engine to keep it cool, and another small fan blowing outside air onto the base of the carburetor float bowl. The engine was also located behind me too. With the outside temps only in the low 70,s , the heat radiating from the panel right under the handle bar would get so hot that I,ve now resorted to running my Argo with the hood off to release a lot of the excess heat that radiates from the engine and transmission. This has helped a lot with the excess heat that radiates from the plastic panel thats under the handle bars. Several times during the day with the hood on, the engine comparment would become so hot that the engine would begin sputtering and coughing just like you had the choke on. I did,nt have it on though. I,m now running synthetic Royal Purple oil ,and this seems to have helped some.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-29-2011 at 06:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread