Issues with site- not apple friendly

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Issues with site- not apple friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    Win!
    Winning!

Thanks for the quick reply. I edited my last post but just to say it again, if you lose the ability to see the videos after we upgrade any software on the site, just let me know. I will have to manually update this every time so I may forget since I don't use iOS to access the site.

iPhone 4 and iPad2 compatibility confermed

Hate to bring up an oldie but I was wondering if the android app ever worked out?

No, it didn't. I stopped working on it. There were a lot of headaches and compatibility issues which is fine but what made me stop even trying to get it to work was hearing that our forum software may be going through another major upgrade soon. We are on version 4 of vbulletin which I expected to go through a complete life cycle (4.1, 4.2....4.8, 4.9) but it was announced that version 5.0 was going to be released before we even get to 4.3 so I didn't want to put any more time into something that was going to be outdated. That release took longer than expected but it was just introduced this past month. The downside is that it has some pretty bad feedback right now.

We will have an app one day but it won't be until vbulletin 5 gets the bugs worked out enough that I am comfortable upgrading the forum software. Last time when we upgraded from 3 to 4, I made the mistake of upgrading to version 4 as soon as it was released, thinking that it would be great to have the latest software but that was a nightmare as it was full of bugs. I don't want to do that again.

Sorry for the long answer but I wanted to let you know the main reason behind the decision to stop working on it and why it hasn't happened yet. It will still be some time before we get to that point but I hope we will eventually get there.

Wow, sounds like a mess. I don't t blame you for waiting. Thanks for quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Last time when we upgraded from 3 to 4, I made the mistake of upgrading to version 4 as soon as it was released, thinking that it would be great to have the latest software but that was a nightmare as it was full of bugs. I don't want to do that again.
    Wasn't it during the upgrade from V3 to V4 the time that let Amphiman sneak back on and post that he bought those 4 Surtreks in Punxatawney?

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Wasn't it during the upgrade from V3 to V4 the time that let Amphiman sneak back on and post that he bought those 4 Surtreks in Punxatawney?
    Lol

Amphi-banned

I do miss Steve a little
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

+ Reply to Thread