New Mudd OX

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Mudd OX

Ardrossan Alberta (just outside Edmonton) Alberta Canada

New Mudd OX

I was out shopping yesterday at Cosco and out in the Parking lot on a trailer was two Mudd ox's on there way up to Fort McMurray Alberta. They had an floatation extension on the front end made out of aluminum checkerplate and diesel engines full set of tracks (they were beauties) I talked to the guy who came out and made his way to the truck and trailer and he informed me that Matt (maker of Mudd oxs) is in the process of making a larger more robust Mudd oxx, wider and longer with 150 hP diesel engine. I wish I would have had a camera with me because these two mudd ox's also had an aluminum cab and exterior mounted hydo drive engines on four wheels. I hear the new larger Mudd ox is going to have 8 hydro drive motors. Makes me envious with my 2003 Argo conquest. These new machines are going to take a big bite out of the ARGO market.

beaderfence

Mudd-Ox is now making a lot of inroads into Canada and Alaska I,ve been told by friends who live there.

I have seen that new Ox it is neat I will get Pics. of it when Matt gets it done. I plan on going up to Matts some time this month to go riding with him. I will try and get some pics.than.....Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I have seen that new Ox it is neat I will get Pics. of it when Matt gets it done. I plan on going up to Matts some time this month to go riding with him. I will try and get some pics.than.....Cougar
    So the new Mudd Ox won't have any chains?

What happened to the new swimmer tire that Matt was developing?

150 horse diesel? What is that bad boy gonna weigh?

The current model with four wheel motors must require tracks.

Last but not least, what about the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post

COST does not seem like something any ATV manufacturer is trying to keep down in this economy. Truth is, you can't make the cost low enough for "regular" buyers, so you just build the biggest, baddest machine on the planet and sell only to top end buyers. There is a lot more profit in high end vehicles and that is currently the only market that is actually buying vehicles in any real numbers. Right now you can get a 16hp Max II for under $8000. Seems like a good price, but NOBODY buys it! Only the bigger, loaded up Max IV sells at a minimum of $12,000. Top of the line Argos are also selling much better than the entry models.

Matt has set his sights on the commercial market for selling the Mudd-Ox, and wisely so. Companies pay big money for a heavy duty machine because that's what is required to get the job done. I've heard of Argo's Centaur vehicle selling for over $40,000. That's way too much money for that clumsy beast. Matt's Mudd-Ox is way better and that is the market he can sell to.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post

Matt just building this one machine for a commercial customer. It's a 150 hp and no chains and is a track machine. The tires he was working on didn't swim, so he's working on a new set. I'll talk to Matt about getting sum pics. of it. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Any word on estimated cost on new mudd ox? What types of hyd pumps, vickers? What make power plant? It's unfortunate that no matter what you do the hid whine is always there. I work on high frequency spindles that spin any where from a few k to 120,000 rpm. Most are hydrostatic or hydrodynamic, but no matter the pumping systems are all noisy.

Castro

I think for a standard size Mudd-Ox the list price is $21,999. This includes a front winch and a roll bar.The 2010 ,Mudd-Ox that I sold had Sauer-Danfoss Hydrolic pumps in it. With the engine behind the driver on a Mudd-Ox , the sound that you hear is mainly the two large electric fans blowing on the engine to keep it cool. Thats really all I noticed
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-07-2011 at 11:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread