Defender 460 ATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Defender 460 ATV

Defender 460 ATV

Not sure if anyone had seen this. Showed up on Craigslist when I searched for 6x6. Looks like it may be made from plywood? I sure would like to know what they are using for a transmission.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 05-10-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: link removed, see my post (#9) as to why

I seem to remember seeing a thread about this thing. I believe the guy who built it is a member. If I rember correctly, it is made of plywood, and it uses a Dixon zero turn lawnmower transmission.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I seem to remember seeing a thread about this thing. I believe the guy who built it is a member. If I rember correctly, it is made of plywood, and it uses a Dixon zero turn lawnmower transmission.
    I believe you are correct. He used a vertical shaft engine and some sort of lawnmower tranny. And a good portion of the build was marine grade plywood. I'll find the thread and post a link if i

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...-finished.html. Here it is!
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 05-08-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Messing with larryw/then lost the link and had to put it back in. Thats what i get for having a little fun.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by smyser View Post

6x6, I used a vertical shaft because everyone has access to one, and they are cheap compared to horizontals. I didnt have to buy the motor, it came off an MTD. You can get those all day off of old riding mowers.
    Amphibious Drew, think you misspoke on the engine. Its vertical.

Last I heard he never tested it in the water and he has spammed the heck out of craigslist trying to sell his manual. I think its cool he is trying to make money of it but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Amphibious Drew, think you misspoke on the engine. Its vertical.

Last I heard he never tested it in the water and he has spammed the heck out of craigslist trying to sell his manual. I think its cool he is trying to make money of it but geez.
    Larry w,

what are you talking about. I new he used a vert shaft, and I most certainly did not read your post and edit my quickly made previous post. Or did I. Sometimes you shouldn't post between tearing a machine down and running to the hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Larry w,

what are you talking about. I new he used a vert shaft, and I most certainly did not read your post and edit my quickly made previous post. Or did I. Sometimes you shouldn't post between tearing a machine down and running to the hardware store.
    lol, I was sure you meant vertical and just posted horizontal by mistake. Since most(all bet defender) use a horizontal it would of been sorta weird for you to post it was horizontal. Its all good.

I saw it too and I ordered the manual. Looks alot better than the 'EDGE' plans I ordered a couple years ago. I'm going to start building this weekend. Will keep everyone posted.

Quote Originally Posted by goodyeartravis View Post
    I saw it too and I ordered the manual. Looks alot better than the 'EDGE' plans I ordered a couple years ago. I'm going to start building this weekend. Will keep everyone posted.
    Cool! Good luck with it and take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by goodyeartravis View Post
    I saw it too and I ordered the manual.
    I bet you did since you are the person also selling the plans.

Why do people insist on being crooked? This thread was already promoting his plans fine without his input but that wasn't good enough so he has to sign up with a different user name to build some buzz around his product. Now he and both of his usernames, goodyeartravis and smyser are permanently banned from this site.

cj-ate, I removed the link in your original post after he signed up with another username and lied about buying his own plans. If he will stoop that low then I don't want anyone on the site to actually purchase his plans. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't wonder where the link went. And just to clarify, it is definitely nothing against you. I know you were just sharing those plans with everyone here.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-10-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I bet you did since you are the person also selling the plans.

Why do people insist on being crooked? This thread was already promoting his plans fine without his input but that wasn't good enough so he has to sign up with a different user name to build some buzz around his product. Now both of his usernames, goodyeartravis and smyser are permanently banned from this site.

cj-ate, I removed the link in your original post after he signed up with another username and lied about buying his own plans. If he will stoop that low then I don't want anyone to actually purchase his plans. There's no telling what he would do with your money or personal information.
    Way to lay the smack down mike! We dont need people like that corrupting the site. He even went so far as to talk down about someone elses plans to promote his. I actually prefered it when the competition wasn't allowed to use each others names in tv advertising.

+ Reply to Thread