Colt concoction begins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt concoction begins

A couple pictures to show what I mean:
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Got the frame of don yesterday. What a nice collection of machines he has, and thanks for the frame.

As for splitting the body, i am really really really fond of cursing at my machine whan i poke myself getting the staples out one by one with plyers and a flat head. This being the case, i will be using dons splitting technique.

Today its pooring rain here, so no work can be done outside. I am off to ohio to indefinedly barrow my dads pressure washer to get the body nice and clean this week.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Best Buy called today and I know have a computer again!!! So photo's of the colt concoction, aka Project Double C, are in the gallery

The rain and life is slowing my progress, but I am still making chugging along. The lower tub is almost ready for goo. I even have some patches rough formed for the giant holes it came with(no extra charge). [IMG][/IMG]
    I would like to know who put all that fiberglass on the machine. They should not be allowed to touch any attex's from now on. It took four hours to get that junk off. [IMG][/IMG]

I will bet a two dollar bill the one who put fiberglass on your machine is the same one who had mine... My gallery is full of pictures of the dreadful process I went through to put life back in my attex tub, I feel for you buddy...

Keep at it though .. I love these build threads
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

Holy crap. 2 weeks to go and i'm just now putting goo in the tub. Not sure if it will be at ashtabula in 1 piece or several dozen pieces. Still need to cut and drill axles, get a throttle and choke cable, probably drive to racerones to get my cage, and i still cant fine my 5 point harness. Its going to come down to the wire on this build, but considering i wasn't even going to build a racer until a few members at busco planted the right seeds in my head, I'm not that far behind schedule i guess.

Just bring all the parts you have. After I melt down a couple engines this year, I'll be looking for something to do come Saturday/Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Just bring all the parts you have. After I melt down a couple engines this year, I'll be looking for something to do come Saturday/Sunday morning.
    I have a lot of parts thanks to some other members.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The patch work on the body is coming along nicely.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I even Got the axles, sprockets, wheel hubs and adaptors sorted. I had my cousin weld the adaptors to the original hubs. I had to cut some of the lugs off to get the original tires off of them so there was nothing for a bolt to grab.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm feeling like I may have most of the build under control, still a few things on order, still need to make more goo tonight and apply tomorrow, still need to finish drilling the axles holes tomorrow. But all the pilots are done and they have been stepped up to the size below what is needed so that shouldn't take long, and I put more goo on this morning (no photo's taken yet), and its looking pretty solid again.

Holy crap I'm camping in 24hours. Got the frame, axles, and bearings in this morning/afternoon. Working on getting all the tires good to go then I will be frantically trying to get enough cup washers together to put the axle bolts in. T-20 looks good and can be bolyed in once the axles are secure. Then going to thow the engine mount in and see if any holes line up for that beast of an engine jpswift sold me. Still need to figure out how to secure the seat too, but I have some angle iron and I'll probably cut that to size and drill it. Back to work. Might need lots of coffee tonight.

Sprockets are bolted, 4 of 6 hubs are bolted down, tires are glued to rims and holding air. Didn't get to the engine mount or t-20 or even bolting the tires on tonight, but I will be working on it till its time to head out thursday.

+ Reply to Thread