Colt concoction begins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt concoction begins

....and I thought I was pushing it to the deadline. Good luck with it, Drew! Lots and lots of coffee.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ok guy's,

I am in desperate need of advice. It appears my big dumb plastic seat does not fir between the t20 and the sticks. I looked through some pics, and it the same seat mccoy used in a build. It looked like the front of his seat was over the stick area. How do i make this work. I was t hinking of chopping the back out, but the stick look like they will still be in the way. Going to hardware store now. Hope I have an answer by the time i'm back. Oh great one don, why is your phone off.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My phone's on now, Drew.

We used those seats on a couple builds and had to bend some sticks around the front of the seat as well as drilling the back for clearance on the T20 plungers. I've seen people cut the front of the seat to clear the sticks and that looks like it would be lots faster. Good luck- call if you need me.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

That's what I did. I notched out the stick area and cut a square on the seat back. The plungers and their actuators in my machine are inside the seat back....not too creepy if you keep your mind off of it.
    Banned

Thanks guys,

I cut the back of the seat out and mounted the brackets the seat is going to attach to. I got some new pipe as I screwed up my old laterals playing around with the pipe bender trying to get them to fit, and the new ones are bent pretty good. The pipe is a little thiner than the original laterals, but is nothing some tape cant fix. The sky opened up here and its pooring rain right now so time for a 10-20min break. As soon as the rain lets up, I'll be mounting the seat. All tires are on, engine mount is is, t-20 is in. Seat, upper, engine, chain, belt, swap the driven clutch, hook up a fuel system, a little wiring and I may be able to drive her sometime friday. Still have not packed for ash yet, but there is always time to throw stuff in a bag.

I hate rain. I got 1/3 of the rivets holding the upper to the lower on and holy cow did it start to poor. I'm debating about heading out to ash tonight or in the morning. Seat is mounted... somewhat I could use a 90 degree drill to put a couple more screws in, its got a wobble with only 2 holding the angle on. Laterals are complete and installed. Chain, engine, clutch change out, and belt all to be installed at ashtabula.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I hate rain.
    Rain is great, especially in the summer! A good rain can save a farmer thousands of dollars...plus it cools off the air for a few days, and provides us with MUD!!!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Well i worked around the rain. The engine, gas tank, and chain is the only things left. Seat still has a wobble, but hopefully that will be fixed by saturday. Obviously I won't be at ash tonight, but I will wake up early to take the first load up there. Going to take 3 trips so I can get both machines up there. I have a rental right now and the wife isn't allowed to drive it, so I have to tow with her car during the day and getbit back to her before work is out.

Ok, so its been a while since I updated the group on my progress. Some of you know I ran into a little sprocket issue last year. Well thats solved now. The chains have been ran on both sides for test fit only and everything lines up. I finished fabbing the engine mount last week and even painted it. I took my old seat out and still have to fab the mount for a new seat. This project is not dead yet and with a little luck and hard work, I will have her going in time for this years races this year.

I am making some good progress. The t-20 linkage, sprockets, frame, engine, and seat mounts are all painted. My son picked out the colors so its not stock looking, but then again, it is a pieced together machine with a dash of most models parts used. More pics are in the gallery, but this is how the frame is looking.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 05-26-2012 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread