Colt concoction begins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Colt concoction begins

Go Drew!
    Banned

Very nice build. Looks like top quality work too

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    6x6 (John) on this site is/was doing the same thing....building a racer from a Colt.
    ^OK, it's from a year ago, but I've been gone a bit.
    It's under wrap right now, but when time frees up a bit, I'll finish it. I'm going to redo some things that were kinda rushed and not what I want as well.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Looking spiffy!
    I guess I dont understand how the exhaust is suppose to be. Is the flange thats on the exhaust have the end of a header on it still? Or is it held on with springs?

I'm really not sure what the deal is supposed to be. I was just on ebay looking at snowmobile exhaust connectors and believe I may need to put one on the header to use springs to connect it. I also was contemplating maybe cutting of the connector piece from the pipe and sliding it on the header and just welding it in place. I don't know if thats a good idea or even if my skills will allow such work.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Think you need to stay with the ball-socket setup. Too much vibration to have it attached with a weld... I think. :-)
    Banned

best to use a ball joint. Dennis Kirk has them or Mfg Supplies.
    Ball Joints Assemblies | Snowmobile Parts | MFG Supply
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    best to use a ball joint. Dennis Kirk has them or Mfg Supplies.
    Ball Joints Assemblies | Snowmobile Parts | MFG Supply

Thanks Jersey and George,

I checked a few sled shops today with no avail, but one more to check on Saturday. If I can't get it then, I will order one online so I can get it on next week. I feel like she is coming together. As most of you know, this is my first build. I realize there is a learning curve to everything, but you folks that can source parts and concur a build in a matter of a few weeks or less amaze me. More work to do still, but what a feeling of accomplishment I get when I open my garage door and see an almost complete project. Better yet a machine that actually looks like what is was intended to. My machine is not perfect by any means, and she photographs very well, but if there is anyone out there that has almost given up on a project, but hasn't yet, I urge you to look at what I started with, remember it is my first build, and I have no mechanical training at all. I am just a salesman so if you have any mechanical aptitude or training, your project will probably turn out way nicer than mine, and I love mine so far!!!

I'll be lucky to start mine this weekend, test drive it next weekend. It seems like it's always a game of "Beat the Clock" for me.

Just keep going.
    Banned

Well, the material to fab the laterals came today. Needless to say laterals are tabbed and the primer is drying. I need to get a few cans of green paint to shoot them tomorrow if time allows, but I did get the linkage adjusted properly as well. I have a wheel stud left to replace. I did a few yesterday so thats one more thing almost off the punch list. I ran most of the fuel line today as well. I just ordered an air filter for the carb which I should get friday, but the exhaust flange will come in tomorrow hopefully. Besides that I just need JPSwift to grab me a throttle cable when he gets my max iv rims for me this week at recreatives. I will be meeting up with him and MaxIVMark this weekend to hopefully finish up what ever is left and make sure she actually works.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 06-12-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Glad your making progress on it and figured out the exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread