Colt concoction begins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Colt concoction begins

Worked with my boss today so it was a long day at work. Got home and the wife said I had to go watch some hot air balloons after dinner. So as soon as I was done eating I went to the garage and welded up the exhaust flange. When I was done with that I took a look at how it is going to sit and mount up. I needed something to bolt it to, so I made a T mount to go across the inside lip of the back and go up to the muffler. A few cuts, a few welds, some drilling, and primer and the wife was already in the car with the kids waiting to go see the balloons. I just got back from that and threw the first coat of green on the mount. As for the balloons, it was rather dull. They would light them up for about a second and then have to let them cool off for a couple of minutes. They could have at least coordinated it to Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon or something. And they only had 10 balloons. That would be like a six wheeler ride that only Don and JPSwift showed up too.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    As for the balloons, it was rather dull. They would light them up for about a second and then have to let them cool off for a couple of minutes.
    For a second, without "hot air", I thought you where talking about balloon tires. I was like what??????? Cool!!!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    For a second, without "hot air", I thought you where talking about balloon tires. I was like what??????? Cool!!!!! lol.
    Haha, I've never seen anyone light up balloon tires, but I know my first trip to Busco we light up quite a few tires, some of which several times.

A bit more progress was made after work today. I tightened a bunch of bolts, installed the middle wheels and exhaust support, put the sticks in, and fiddled around with a few other parts a bit. The air filter came today, but I didn't find it until it was to late to play with modding the carb for it to fit. Looks like thats on the list for tomorrow. Here are a few shots of her current state.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Its turning out great! Nice work!

Well, this thread is coming to an end as a build thread. The "build" is done! Several repairs and modifications are needed after today, but isn't that always the case. I will try and document any mods in another thread to keep everyone up to speed with her. Thanks to all that made my build possibly, and especially those guys that convinced me I could turn my trashed parts machine into something special. Here is a pic of her in action from this weekend.

[IMG][/IMG]

Props to Drew on a great build. He really put on a great show with it at Ashtabula and had a blast doing it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hats off to you Drew,,, I heard that you did your thang out there!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

pretty good stuff Drew!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread