New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

I wonder if Matt O is behind this tire then?

I don't believe the tire was designed for a specific manufacturer. Two years ago during the Chevron Shortage Scare of 2009, I spoke with an Interco rep several times regarding tires for AATVs and he told me at one time Interco owned an amphibious ATV and were using it to test tires on. They no longer had the ATV when I spoke to him but he did say because of Goodyear leaving our market, they were looking into the feasibility of designing a tire for skid steer ATVs based on the number of 6x6 and 8x8 ATVs that are produced new on a yearly basis. I guess the numbers worked out right.

I emailed the rep again last night and he replied today with some information: Since they no longer have an amphibious ATV to test, the information on the website came from an individual "up north" who used a set of these tires on their AATV. They don't have much information regarding whether or not they swim because of the cold weather and lack of open (non-frozen) water. He did say that they understood the tires should swim differently based on how low the ATV sits in the water. He said that he was told swimming is nice but only about 5% of amphibious vehicles are ever run in deep water. Finally, the suggested MSRP is $169.00 which includes prepaid shipping.

It's good to know you can get them a little cheaper than that but it looks like there are no guarantees that the tires swim.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    I called this company Cheap Deals! Interco Aqua Torque Tires with Great Discounts! and they sell this tire for 135.36 each.
    I withdraw my previous comments, and I don't think that I'll be purchasing a set of these any time soon.....
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

The new Aqua really appeals to me. I,ll probably buy a set of these tires for my Max IV to try them out on since I can,t run the Adair tracks with a 25 inch" tire.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-25-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Mike, Good information. Thanks for hunting it down and reporting on it.

Also, I was wondering what model aatv did they have? Or was it one of there own designs?

droid x photos and video 2010 774.jpgdroid x photos and video 2010 788.jpgdroid x photos and video 2010 793.jpgHello all,
    Couger just emailed me about this thread. Here is the information you all have been looking for. I have been working with Interco on this tire for almost a year now looking to replace the Good Year Rawhide tires. Interco had this design in mind and wanted to tool up the tire and see how it would do. The problem with making a new custom tire is you will not know if it swims intill you tool it up and make some. I have had the first set of these tires since early winter and have been testing them for Interco. Here is what I have found. The tire is very well built and heavy duty. They do slide very well when making a turn and still have the grip to side hill. They ride good for having large thick lugs. They go well in snow, sand, and mudd. Now for the big question, swimming... I am very sad to say they do not swim as well as the Good Year Rawhide 3 tires. I have tested these tires on the Mudd-Ox, Argo, and Max and in each case the water speed was very slow. After lots of testing we started cutting away at the tire. We removed the side cups, tested, removed the large lug near the side, tested, all water test were slower than the Rawhides. If you are looking for a tough tire and do not plan on swimming very much this is a good tire, But if you need good water speed this is not the one for your amphibious atv. I wish I could say this tire was the answer we all have been looking for but it is not. Interco has put alot of work and money tooling up this tire and producing the first run. Interco really cares about our needs as amphibious atv users. I am glad they took the chance, I just wish the water performance was there. I have attached some photos of the test tires. Enjoy!!!

Matt

Thanks Matt. To bad they dont swim. They sure do look cool though!

Thank's for clearing the air on this tire.Did you get to compare it to the Vampire ASX's

It looks like such an awesome tire, I can't believe it doesn't swim. It does look too heavy and over done for most vehicles but for the Mudd-Ox and Avenger it would be great. No sense in having an amphib if you can't go swimming. After swimming at 6mph+ with the new Argo tires, I don't even like to run anything else in the water.

We really need a good swimming tire for the 8" rim. The Rawhide III design would be perfect, just don't make every third lug short. Same tread pattern and depth, just have all the lugs come to the center. Interco should look at something like that in a 8" and 9" rim. There are a lot of older Max II and Argos that no longer have tire options. If the Aqua torque doesn't sell good, no one will make tires for us at all. And since it doesn't swim, why would it sell good?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    If the Aqua torque doesn't sell good, no one will make tires for us at all. And since it doesn't swim, why would it sell good?
    That's the worst part of it all.

+ Reply to Thread