New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

Good point there maxrules. That is really bad they dont swim. Im sure its not cheap designing a tire. Best case might be that it works awesome on the dunes or mud and quad guys at least help sell some of the tires. And they try again. Sounds like a crap shoot though designing these tires.

Matt

You tried Good year rawhide tires on the Mudd-Ox , and said that the rawhide tires were faster in the water than the Aqua tire. Is the Aqua tire 50% as fast as a rawhide tire in the water or less than 50% as fast?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-26-2011 at 12:48 AM.

hi ,
    if everybody is looking for either goodyear terra grips or rawhides try a brand called ""Duro"" . Basically a rawhide copy .Tread pattern HF255
    tomo

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    hi ,
    if everybody is looking for either goodyear terra grips or rawhides try a brand called ""Duro"" . Basically a rawhide copy .Tread pattern HF255
    tomo
    Tomo, I like the HF 255 as well, I just bought a set for one of the Max II's I have. The other has the rawhides on it and there really is no comparison that I can see. Chevron to chevron is not close enough in my mind. The lugs on a rawhide are about an inch wide with crooks that hook in for traction the HF 255 bars are maybe 1/2" wide and straight, not to mention the are very ply able. The tire is really soft too. In fact the HF 255's I got in the mail were so balled up when I got them I have been parking that machine with 7.5 lbs of air in each tire trying to stretch them straight every since. (Not a construction defect, poor shipping)

Please don't get me wrong I am not trashing the tire, it works and swims some, and I am just saying that there really is no comparison between the two that I would agree with other than the word chevron.

I for one am going to drop the cash to get a set of these Aqua's on that max II, it's worth a shot and if it swims anywhere as close to the Duro then at least the Interco tire comes with a layer of awesome sauce to go along with it. The Duro's look kind of lame sitting under there.

Also keep in mind, different tires react differently between machines, they may not be the cat's meow on mud ox or Argo but might end up sitting just right in the water under a MAX, or scrambler, you never know.

Now... where is that thread about stretching the tub to make the big'uns fit?
    Last edited by vanmeterj1; 05-26-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: because I kain't spell
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

i have a ? what kind of tires are these in this pic and are the any good
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    i have a ? what kind of tires are these in this pic and are the any good
    Looks like you have Super Swamper TSL's S.S. TSL /ATV | Interco Tire

Quote Originally Posted by vanmeterj1
    Also keep in mind, different tires react differently between machines, they may not be the cat's meow on mud ox or Argo but might end up sitting just right in the water under a MAX, or scrambler, you never know

This is a very good point. My friend Lee had the 25x 12x 9 Maxis Mudbugs tires installed on his Argo Frontier , and I would,nt say that they swim , but they do paddle very slowly in the water with low throttle. My other friend Noel heated up the tub for clearance to fit these same tires on his Max II , and the Mudbugs gave the Max II a lot more buoyancy in deep water than the 22" inch rawhides that he took off.

Last edited by mudbug3; 05-26-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Alex:

Bear claws on the front (they don't swim at all) Vampire TSL on the back, six 25x13.5x 9 vampires equal an approximate swim speed of 1 1/2 mph
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 06-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.

could yall even imagine if the would only come out with a 22x11-8 for everyones machines i bet theyed make a killing hopefully they will come soon enough

This is a video of the aqua torque tires on an Argo Bigfoot.

Last edited by mudbug3; 09-07-2011 at 12:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread