New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

AquaTorque | Interco Tire

Water tire? Made for skid steer machines? Will they swim? My tire experimentation days are over, I'll let some one else try these, but man do they look aggressive.

Man I wish those were out before I bought my mudlites.

Dan

If Interco calls it a aqua tire and its made for skid steer machines , I can only assume that this tire swims. Why would they design a tire and call it a aqua tire if it barely swims? This would make no business sense at all! You would have lots of complaints at the front office by people that own amphibs demanding their money back because of false advertizement. The is good news though for Recreatives because the Maxis tire that they are now using to replace the discontinued Good year rawhide swims very poorly. I like the more agressive lug shape and because its 6-ply it should be very durable.

I wish i had known before i bought my new heats. those things look deadly. wonder how much $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by garbie
    Man I wish those were out before I bought my mudlites.

You and probably a lot of other people on this forum who have tried mud tires that were designed for atv,s that did,nt swim very well. If you go to this website I posted and then click on the picture of this tire to enlarge it, you,ll notice small cup like shapes to scoop the water as the tire turns in the intended direction.

MTA > ATV/UTV Tires > Utility > Interco > Aqua Torque
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Thats a pretty big tire though. I hope they make a smaller version. Most machines probably wont be able to use it. And 6 ply sounds pretty rough too. Buts its a good start in the right direction!

WOW! Those new Interco skins look wicked!!! All I need now is some pricing info and I'll be set! Wohoo!!! They are listed as being made for a 9" rim! (as shown in the photo). Finally someone out there recognized the need for a quality amphib tire to fill the gap left by Goodyear's departure from the skidsteer club. I guess I need to contact Matt O. and order a set of 9" beadlock rims from him and get these badboys mated up for my Max IV!!!!!! Even thhough they're 6-ply I think they'd ride OK if I keep them aired down to around .05-1.5lb per tire. Best start planning to work some overtime to pay for these...
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 05-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    WOW! Those new Interco skins look wicked!!! All I need now is some pricing info and I'll be set! Wohoo!!! Would be even better if they were based off an 8" or 9" rim instead of a 12" - think of the sidewall flex! I wonder how harsh the ride will be on 12" rims, seeing as how they are 6-ply??? Hey, I shouldn't be complaining. At least someone out there recognized the need for a quality amphib tire to fill the gap left by Goodyear's departure from the skidsteer club.
    Harry, they are made for a 9" rim 25x12x9: 25 inches tall, 12 inches wide, 9 inch rim.
    If you buy a set please let EVERYONE know how they perform.

They are for a 9" wheel.

edit: Dan beat me to it while I was drooling over the tire.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-24-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    WOW! Those new Interco skins look wicked!!! All I need now is some pricing info and I'll be set! Wohoo!!! Are they going to make them for 8" or 9" rims (as shown in the photo) or only a 12" size that's listed??? I imagine the ride will be harsh on 12" rims, seeing as how they are 6-ply. But hey, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. At least someone out there recognized the need for a quality amphib tire to fill the gap left by Goodyear's departure from the skidsteer club.
    I think you misread it, they are 25-12-9...for 9" rims.

edit: Lol Mike, I did the same thing.....

Any chance that these would fit under my 950's tub??? Maybe with 1-2" spacers? If I can get my hands on some reasonably priced 9" rims(and these will fit under my tub....) I'll try a set and see how they do.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 05-24-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Even slower than Mike LOL...
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

+ Reply to Thread