T20 Band adjustment all messed up - need help!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T20 Band adjustment all messed up - need help!

well, i'll try here. 2 months after taking t20 apart and getting bands relined, i decide to put it back together today. jeesh, it all looks foreign, like i never saw in it before. so my question is, do the bands on the right side go around the drum clockwise, and the ones on the left side go counter clockwise? thats what it looks like in my manual, although i'm using the instructions on this site. the instructions in the t20 rebuild say that the rebuild is simple, but if anyone met me, they'd know what SIMPLE REALLY LOOKS LIKE!!
    i have tools, and i have hands, its the filler between my ears thats missing.

Quote Originally Posted by applejack View Post
    well, i'll try here. 2 months after taking t20 apart and getting bands relined, i decide to put it back together today. jeesh, it all looks foreign, like i never saw in it before. so my question is, do the bands on the right side go around the drum clockwise, and the ones on the left side go counter clockwise? thats what it looks like in my manual, although i'm using the instructions on this site. the instructions in the t20 rebuild say that the rebuild is simple, but if anyone met me, they'd know what SIMPLE REALLY LOOKS LIKE!!
    They will only go in one way......so relax!
    You start with an eyelet anchored to the case with the pin and the other eyelet will align with the plunger hole. Then slide the sleeve over the pin and the second band for that half.
    Make sense?

hey, its my babysitter.greetings from ohio. sure it makes sense. but it got worse before it got better. if i hadn't lost my last 3 posts somehow,you would have read some REALLY DUMB stuff. and to think i type dumb stuff like this on the internet for EVERYONE to SEE FOREVER!! thanks for the help, AJ.

having a terrible time posting today, must be related to my inabilty to figure out how the bands went. got the bands in the right side, but my harbor freight 214 piece o-ring kit let me down, and on a saturday evening to boot. oh well, normal for me.

okay it's me again almost 2 years later t-20 still on bench. the right side is together and when i went to put the left side together only 1 band would line up?? laying all four RELINED BANDS on bench i have 3 bands that spiral clockwise from bottom to top and 1 band that spirals counter clockwise from bottom to top. did trans crafters send me one too many clockwise bands?

Quote Originally Posted by applejack View Post
    okay it's me again almost 2 years later t-20 still on bench. the right side is together and when i went to put the left side together only 1 band would line up?? laying all four RELINED BANDS on bench i have 3 bands that spiral clockwise from bottom to top and 1 band that spirals counter clockwise from bottom to top. did trans crafters send me one too many clockwise bands?
    It would appear as though they did.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

good job. as hydro mike said it is great to jump in there and tackle it. helps you understand how the trans works. any problems in the future you will have a good visual of what may be wrong. looking forward to hearing how it operates . johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread