T20 sprocket&shaft came out

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T20 sprocket&shaft came out

T20 sprocket&shaft came out

I took my 94 max2 out for a couple hrs today and when I got home I saw oil in the tub. When I stood behind it looking to the front the left side sprocket and seal moved out. I pushed it right back in with a screwdriver. Does anyone know what happened?

There is an internal clip that holds the output shaft in place......sounds like yours is toast. Time for a tear down and a new 99 cent clip.

If it was just the seal, it may be that the vent on your T-20 filler plug is clogged. They are made in a way that allows the tranny to breathe so that when it gets warm, the pressure build-up can be released out the top plug.

Some folks in the past have not realized this and used replacement plugs that do not breathe.

Ooops, in your case (after looking at the post a 2nd time) it does not sound like you have the issue I originally thought.
    Banned

Norm,

If you need help with it, you can bring it by sometime.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

We'll I'll let y'all know tom when I check it out, thanx everyone, Jp it's an almost 8 hr trip so we can check on shipping those axles. Norm

That's a bit of a trek, so shipping is the best choice.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Alright everyone, I took engine and trans out today and everything seemed to be in place and tight except that the left side seal was half out. I used a 3/8 extension to get it back in place(tapping it as easy as I could not to hurt seal) it seems to be back in correctly. So now the engine clutch isn't really working right, it's all rusty, springs ECT.. RR want $278 for new.. Sounds high?.what do you experts say!! Thanks. Norm

I think you need to split the T-20 and find out why the output shaft came out. Like Buggyman said, there's a clip that holds it in. If the output shaft came out of the T-20, it'll do it again unless you find out why the clip is not holding it in place.

Watch this video from the 2:30 - 3:00 minute marker to see where the clip belongs.

Banned

What on the clutch is rusty, Norm? If the spring looks to be in bad shape and seems a bit weak, you can order a new one from Recreatives. Under normal operation, the clutch sheaves (where the belt rides) should be free of rust from the top and bottom on both sides. If they're pitted and in really bad shape, you should probably replace them (probably with a new clutch). The plastic cam sliders wear out over time and are easily replaceable, and wicked cheap. Unless the sheaves are in really bad shape and they need replacing, you should be able to replace the other parts for considerably less than a new clutch.

So Richard Clark wants $278 for a driven clutch. Sounds like his typical practice of overcharging for something that you can get cheaper elsewhere.

Here they are for over $50 dollars less than what he's charging. Also, used ones pop up every now and then. But before you buy a new drive clutch it may be a issue that can be repaired.

302405A-W2 - 780 Series Drive Clutch for Recreatives Ind Max ATVs | ATV Parts | MFG Supply

+ Reply to Thread