GULCHES ORV PARK in SC

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GULCHES ORV PARK in SC

GULCHES ORV PARK in SC

OK, as of now the baby sitter situation is looking up!

Who's interested in a ride at Gulches the second weekend in Feb. That's gonna be the weekend of the 9th. There are tent camping spots & a huge parking lot for RV's & Campers. Sorry no hook-up's yet! I'll only be there on Sat. the 9th, but those of you wanting to stay will have the option of nite rides! If anyone is planning on camping, I suggest you call ahead of time to reserve you'r spot! I would recomend that those of you wanting to rough it in a tent go for camp site #2-5 Here's a link to the trail map.
    http://gulchesorvpark.com/Map_of_Gulches.pdf
    riverside campsites - $10- a night + $20 security deposit (by reservation only)

Gulches OffÂ*Road Vehicle Park (864)449-5698
    Cost: $15.00 for 1 full day (after a $5.00 one-time membership fee)
    4x4 riders, guests & visitors:$5 each

Let me know who's coming & what-not. I'll be willing to meet-up at an interstate exit & guide everyone in. I can give verry good directions to anyone coming late!

I think I covered it all! If you have any questions just ask.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

coolllllllllll might be interested.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I should be able to make it that weekend. Based on the map, I don't think it should be about an hour and a half or two from my house. Thanks!

McCoy

I can give ya better directions than mapquest. For some reason the directions tell ya to get off on exit 9, and drive all the way through Laurens. There's exit #5 on I-385, and it will intersect you with Hwy 221 a few miles closer to the park! If I remember correctly the directions tell ya to turn off Hwy 221 on to Eckom Rd, and takes you through a few more turns before you get to Indian Mound Rd. You can pass Eckom Rd and about a mile or so on down, you can pick up Indian Mound Rd directly off of 221. I have talked with Skip before about posting the easyer routes on the site, but not sure if he did.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

Most likely I will be able to come as well. I need to work on my T20 first though

How's it looking for everyone? I haven't heard any thing lately. I checked on park conditions last night, and it's about normal right now. Muddy at the bottom of the park & dry at the top. I hope we get a bit more rain in the coming weeks & get the park up to 6x6 standards! BTW: When the park is real muddy it becomes about impassible to any other kind of vehicle! = less traffic!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

Robbie (rdr) pm'd me and said that he couldn't make it however I am planning on going still. I may bring my fiance with me too in the Max IV (that's up in the air).

McCoy pm'd me last night to find out if I was still going so I'm assuming he's still planning on going too. I'll let him chime in though.

I will do my best to make it. I look foward to riding with some other AATV's. Hope it continues to rain!

As it stands now, I should be able to make it.

McCoy

Good deal! It's no fun without other AATV's to ride with. I have high hopes it will not dry out by then! The dust there is like silt, and get's into every thing!

I confirmed my Nephew is bringing his quad, and probably towing the argo for me. My jeep needs some TLC before I tow any heavy loads again. My wife, and possibly my best friend will be coming along. For some reason I worry, alot about giving my wife my jeepkeys at the park!!!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

+ Reply to Thread