GULCHES ORV PARK in SC

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: GULCHES ORV PARK in SC

Thanks for the compliment on the seat.

As for Dan's tires, they did really well. There were several places mainly coming out of mud holes that we got to see what kind of traction they really have. My tires took a minute to get traction where Dan just walked right out.

I'm sure in more extreme conditions we could really tell a difference. This mud mainly had clay bottoms so we all got decent traction.

When we got to the bottom mud pits we really did draw a good many onlookers. A couple came up to us and asked about them. Mainly how much they cost. We tried to put on a good show for everyone

Mudbug, I'll let the Argo guys chime in on those questions.

As for the weather, Greasemonkey couldn't have picked a better day. It was a little chilly in the morning (Chilly for us is in the 40's) but by lunch time we were coming out of our sweatshirts.

Saw all the pics you posted. Can't pick a favorite, they were all good. You guys found ANOTHER great place for me to open up a quarter car wash. Can't wait for the videos.

Whipper

I want to thank Jeff, Mike, and Dan for a great ride. I had a ball! The mudholes were great. I thought that it was hilarious that none of the quads or trucks would attemp the holes we were going through. It is going to take awhile to get my machine clean though. There is one shot that we missed though. At the end of one hole, there was a small hill to climb up that was severely rutted. Jeff and I both went up it and then went to get Mike and Dan. When we came back, I tried it again, I splashed water all over it, got it slick and started high-centering the machine in the ruts. After about 10 minutes of trying to get up it, I finally gave up. Jeff tried as well, but couldn't make. All of this time, Mke was just sitting back and analyzing the situation. The first try, he made it up. I know tat everyone could see steam coming out of my ears. I was either going to make it up or turn the machine over trying. Before Mike could get his camera out, I spun around, got a running start and hit it wide open. All I remember is aiming for a steep bank on the left side,the machine tilting up on the side, and then bouncing out of the hole. I guess my ego had gotten the best of me to do that. I need to speed up on building a rollcage after that.

McCoy

Thanks,McCoy,Mike and Greasemonkey

Hey what a great time! Nice to meet a few of the fella's! I can't wait until the next ride when we will have a even more AATV's. Each Machine Demonstrated a certain ability and a certain advantage in certain types of terrain. It was really fun to watch! I am processing video as we speak and will get it on the site as soon as it's ready. Hope these videos encourage more folks to show up for our next event! Thanks to everyone for a really great time- DAN.

I had a blast. The wife was into a cleaner sport, so she played in my jeep all afternoon. She took the argo out by her self after everyone had packed up & left. We had a good time at Gulches as usual, and it was good to meet everyone in person!
    Between the jeep & the argo, I was cleaning for about 6hrs today! That's the most fun, and the dirtyest Ive been in a while! It was well worth it.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

I took a few videos with my digital camera. It wasn't made for that so the quality is lacking but I'll post those as soon as they are uploaded too. I can't wait to see your videos Dan.

McCoy, I got a video of that muddy slope you're talking about but I didn't get the successful attempt. I'll post up soon I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I took a few videos with my digital camera. It wasn't made for that so the quality is lacking but I'll post those as soon as they are uploaded too. I can't wait to see your videos Dan.

McCoy, I got a video of that muddy slope you're talking about but I didn't get the successful attempt. I'll post up soon I hope.
    HA HA HA!
    McCoy was steaming about that incline! I gotta hand it to him, he eventually pulled it out of the hat!

I'm guessing that the video was of the long narrow mud pit? That was actually the original trail when the park opened! It was in regular use untill about 6-7monthes ago.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Yeah, it is.

I'm having problems uploading to youtube tonight so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Got to get some sleep tonight.

+ Reply to Thread