needing motor replacement.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: needing motor replacement.

needing motor replacement.

I'm looking for a better replacement motor for my max-II.
    I have bean thinking of using the spear motor from my cub lo-boy 154, it's a IH C60 14 hp 4 cylinder motor. has any body tried this?

save ur pennys and get a bandelo . u'll be munch happer in the long run . and they run for ever . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

You can get a new 16hp Duromax for $289.00 shipping included. Its the best deal going. As cheap as they are, if it breaks, get another one. Chances are it won't break, they are very stout little motors.

Does the Duromax have a charging system? I remember when I was looking for a cheap engine for my first machine one of the brands didn't charge. Something to think about.

My experience with duromax is they are junk. I guess my biggest complaint has been with the cheap cheap cheap carbs that they come with. I have one on a generator and it runs but never without some tinkering. My father had one and got about 80 hours out if it on a generator with a controlled throttle. The floats are literally an print on a piece of small round stock. They stick often. But I don't know, if carbs where available for swap it might be ok for money. For me I demand a lot and hate being left in the woods. After doing a bunch of research I decided to go with a Bandelaro if and when I do a swap.

where can you find bandelaro engines from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    where can you find bandelaro engines from?
    Talk to lewis when your at his place. I thought he had a line on them for a decent price.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Well after doing much studding and looking over other machines I finely ordered a 23hp Briggs and stratton during the pork slap event.
    Well the motor showed up on my doorstep this last Thursday from UPS "Unbelievably Pulverized Shipments" or "Unequaled Package Smashers"
    and as always lived up to there reputation, The motor was damaged.
    the company I got it from is in the process of replacing the damage.
    Now after wrestling my primary off the old motor I remembered another member had to make a spacer to keep it from hitting the new motor and shore inf I had to do the same thing.
    Now comes my next challenge "The exhaust".
    Sum of you suggested Robertson's Torque Tubes but I don't know if I can use them when i convert my external exhaust to internal. I wish to have the exhaust exit out one of the opening's in the top of the body.
    Can anybody shed sum light on what you have dun with your exhaust?

First off, those people at UPS damaged many other members' engines that they had shipped as well. They damaged my Briggs big block Vanguard that was shipped (and the seller took a ton of time to carefully package it). The guy delivering it dropped it off the hand cart left it in my driveway, ran into the truck and drove away. They broke the cast aluminum mounting ear off the block of Hydromike's engine. It's just one thing after another with these guys. I NEVER ship UPS because they're slow, irresponsible, expensive, and they just don't care.

As far as exhaust goes, for the 20-23HP Briggs Vanguards you can get exhaust flanges from a performance golf cart place on the web.....I forget their name though. Then just weld up some 1.25" pipe (available from performance golf cart places as well) and run that into two pipes into two RLV go cart racing silencers. Wrap it with some fiberglass header wrap and you're set. It takes a little work, but it's certainly worth it. I did this on my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT with the 23HP Briggs Vanguard and it sounds mean!

‪Hustler 980 BIGFOOT 6x6 amphibious ATV in action‬‏ - YouTube
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I was lucky with mine. all the damage was cosmetic except for the fuel pump but the company i got it from is sending me new replacement parts.
    I have the motor installed and wondering what i want for an exhaust, I know it would have to be relatively quiet to keep the neighborhood happy.

+ Reply to Thread