needing motor replacement.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: needing motor replacement.

glad to see you got the new engine in timex. give me a hollar if you want to come down here for a day's ride. just got the last bug out of mine and i need to take it for a spin

According to what exhaust you like, i have a guy to copy the exhaust on the Crush and he has the pattern. I can get his link for you if you wish and send it to you. It is a racing type exhaust but can be modified to fit your application.

I found another stumbling block, How do you get the throttle cable to spring return?
    I know ware the one i took off went that came with the motor but that cable and control is not like we use.

_DSC3864.jpg _DSC3865.jpg
    I will have to go back threw the parts paper and order a return spring that my model motor was not to come with.
    Can anybody give me a picture of there B&S linkage setup?

I just added a red circle to one of your pics... _DSC3864.jpg the bellcrank (part that the red circle is on) should be under spring pressure. you will need to drill out the hole (inside red circle) to 3/16 and install one of these. http://storefront.russellkarting.com...=20&orderQty=1

If you want the cable to route from the back, you will need to drill out the opposite hole in the bellcrank

Here is a shot of one of mine using both (throttle lever on both sticks) one of the swivels in the pic is homemade... IMG_1005.jpg
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thats ware the built in throttle was installed but there is no return spring. unless the red spring under the bell-crank is for return which is not working till wide open throttle. as for the swivel I already have my old one off the old motor and ready to install just not seeing a way for return.

I will check one of mine tomorrow. I don't think they have much (if any tension) unless the engine is running (IE: governor doing it's thing) The cable in Beth's max was rusty when we got it, so I hooked a spring from the swivel to the rear anchor point for a cable. Probably not the "right" setup but it worked fine
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Edit to above: Just checked the one in the Wolf. It is under tension with the engine shut off. Have you Fired up your new engine yet Bob? the Red spring connects from the bell crank to the governor arm... I'm wondering if your governor arm got bumped/ damaged in shipping as well as the cosmetic issues and fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Edit to above: Just checked the one in the Wolf. It is under tension with the engine shut off. Have you Fired up your new engine yet Bob? the Red spring connects from the bell crank to the governor arm... I'm wondering if your governor arm got bumped/ damaged in shipping as well as the cosmetic issues and fuel pump.
    No I have not fired it up yet and will not till the new parts are in and there is a muffler installed.
    The governor may have bean Bumped but will not know till startup. I will look in the morning but you are right the red spring is connected from the governor to the bell but dues not engage till 1/4 to 1/2 throttle when the motor is not running.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    The cable in Beth's max was rusty when we got it, so I hooked a spring from the swivel to the rear anchor point for a cable. Probably not the "right" setup but it worked fine
    That is most likely what I will do also, I looked over the parts diagram and only see the red spring listed.

Well I herd from the company I got the motor from and they are writing the motor off as a lose. it seems the 5 parts "2 that had to be replaced" and the others that wear cosmetic would have coasted to much under there warranty. ($270)
    Now I had to remove all my parts and re-box the motor for the shipping company to pick up and investigate the clam "approx 7-11 day's"
    then I'll find out whether they will ship me a new one or refund my money.

If I wind up with a refund, I may just go and order a bandolero or a Hodges motor and start the shipping tango all over again.

+ Reply to Thread