needing motor replacement.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: needing motor replacement.

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your luck. I hope you can run the old oh180 till you get things figured out. Why does ups always choose 6x6world members engines to break in transit. Seems like a very farmiliar story.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks Drew,
    I cannot blame UPS totally for the damage. It seams that the factory when they pack the motor's think that a cutout spot in the bottom of the box and a cardboard cutout around the breather cover is all that is needed for shipping. If they spent the extra money for foam in place the damaged would never have happened.
    _DSC3815.jpg
    _DSC3811.jpg

I feel very lucky that mine was packed in foam top and bottom. Did your's come with the remote throttle on the side? Mine did and I was thinking about moving my connection to the left and rigging a spring from the hole on the back side to the cable clamp on the right.

Last edited by Dan67; 08-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    I feel very lucky that mine was packed in foam top and bottom. Did your's come with the remote throttle on the side? Mine did and I was thinking about moving my connection to the left and rigging a spring from the hole on the back side to the cable clamp on the right.

Yes Mine used to have the remote throttle and it was ware i was going to hook up to and install a return spring.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Bob,

Sorry to hear about your luck. I hope you can run the old oh180 till you get things figured out. Why does ups always choose 6x6world members engines to break in transit. Seems like a very farmiliar story.
    I've heard (and experienced) some horror stories. here is a shot of my UPS guy in action:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm chiming in late, but like JP said, UPS absolutely disintegrated my 16hp Briggs on two occassions. The degenerate I bought it from is over on the HeyMow message boards, and I'll actually take the time out of my day to tell anyone else what I think of him. (not here, though.... ) Ahem...Tyler Crommwell....

He packed the engine in what I can only describe as an absolute disregard for what he was selling. UPS did me no favors, either. Evidence suggested that the engine had been dropped/rolled/kicked/grenaded at least two different times, because a drop and a roll wouldn't have done the damage in one shot. Broken mounting ear, broken fuel pump, smashed air cleaner housing, smashed cooling shrouds and a broken oil filter mount.

The second time he shipped it, he did me the "favor" (added $125 to the cost) of putting a new shortblock in the engine, and then failed to install 90% of the throttle linkage, and most of the engine cowling. I haven't touched it since it came in last. He's refused to return emails, PMs, and phone calls for over six months.

The whole situation sort of resonates with another experience. Hey Shane Kearney; where's that engine you owe me from March of this year?

Well the new motor is in and bolted down, it showed up Friday and it to was damaged but the parts get replaced when i install the flywheel shaft. ALL IS GOOD.
    I will now have to Waite for the exhaust to show up and install before i can start it up. err that is I still have to figure out what i want.
    hay hydro-mike this weekend "Sunday" I may stop by but will call ya before then.
    _DSC3855.jpg

Bob,

Good to hear the engines there, undestroyed, and in. Sounds like U(OO)PS strikes again. I'm sure you'll get that exhaust sorted soon and easily.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks Drew,
    The exhaust I think will be the stock one that exits torts the oil filter side, PN# 808896
    But I'm looking for a used one first. or a discarded header's that sum-one is willing to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by TalSet View Post
    glad to see you got the new engine in timex. give me a hollar if you want to come down here for a day's ride. just got the last bug out of mine and i need to take it for a spin
    It's alive, the muffler came in yesterday and i installed it, it sounds real good. I just need to finish the throttle hookup and I'm still waiting for the electric choke conversion to arrive then I just need to re-wire my key switch to work with the new motor.
    Talset how did you fare out over by you? I still have flooding and lots of mud over by me with a lot of roads closed till January?

+ Reply to Thread