needing motor replacement.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: needing motor replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Congrats Bob!!!

Reading your post almost makes me want to go out and finish my swap right now. btw. You were absolutly wight about just bolting it in. Thanks again for the insight you gave me. It encouraged me to have my engine half way out before ups even showed up today, and if it weren't for having to go see another member as well as talking to a few other members on the phone (i always enjoy talking to everyone) it would have been completely hooked up already.
    Drew, I love the OH series motor's BUT these Vanni's are awesome, you can have a normal conversation next to or in the Timex at full throttle with no problem the way i have it set up.

well as luck would have it, my fuel pump went on vacation on me on Thursday. left me about a mile from home. lucky for me i was near a highway, so i had my son come to me with a windex spray bottle of gas so he could ride in the back seat and just keep misting gas into my carb. to get back home. as soon as my new pump gets here, i'll give you a hollar and we'll go out for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TalSet View Post
    well as luck would have it, my fuel pump went on vacation on me on Thursday. left me about a mile from home. lucky for me i was near a highway, so i had my son come to me with a windex spray bottle of gas so he could ride in the back seat and just keep misting gas into my carb. to get back home. as soon as my new pump gets here, i'll give you a hollar and we'll go out for a ride.
    That sucks that your pump went out, but the image in my head if you driving and someone frantically spraying fuel in the carb while your driving makes me laugh. wouldn't have been easier to change the pump in the field. is there any vid of this frantic spraying?
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

no vid, but it didn't require frantic spraying. i was surprised i was still able to control the throttle myself.

needing motor replacement

Have you looked at the Briggs and Stratton vanguard motors? The newer ones are super quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoDude2350 View Post
    Have you looked at the Briggs and Stratton vanguard motors? The newer ones are super quiet.
    what! i didn't install one?
    Then just what did i install
    What ever it is, it's been getting me in trouble lately and i likes.

hey bob, when you get back from Pa., give me a call and we'll see if we can plan another ride. something with a little more distance involved. maybe while you're down at the rodeo you can talk to some of the guys there to see if they might want to join us.

+ Reply to Thread