wiring/electrical problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wiring/electrical problem

wiring/electrical problem

During my first ride with my 2010 ox, I shut the engine off for a few minutes and when I tried to start the machine, there was no power. The dash lights and the fans would not come on, it was like there was no connection to the battery. I tried different things to find the problem with no luck, but then moved a part of the wiring harness on the left side of the engine area, above the battery and it came back to life. Anyone else have any similar problem? I haven't been able to recreate it yet and I sure don't want it to happen again in the field.

I have never had that happen to me , but I have a gasser. It sounds like a bad battery connection. I would check the battery connection, cause when you said no dash lights and no fan that sounds like the battery connection. Hope this helps. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Hey alaskadiehard,
    Make sure the ground on the brake is working.( there is a ground connector in the base of the parking brake bracket) Then I would check the battery cables. I had a cable to shut me down once. It was just a little bit dirty. The glow plugs put quite a strain on the cable connectors, and then when you hit the starter, it can arc and burn open.
    You will have to mess with it until you find the loose connection, otherwise it will certainly fail in the field.
    you can call me at 907-398-9322.
    Bubba

You guys were right, it was the batter connection after all. I started playing around and got it to do the same thing again. I traced it back to the negative battery cable and when I moved it, the power would come back on. I will replace the battery clamps with a better set that won't loosen up with the vibration.

+ Reply to Thread