Question on the tread direction for the 20" tracks on the Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on the tread direction for the 20" tracks on the Mudd-Ox

Question on the tread direction for the 20" tracks on the Mudd-Ox

I have seen photos of the tracks on different owner's machines and some have the V shape tread design facing one direction and some the opposite. Is there a correct direction for the track tread design?

alaskadiehard

The Mudd-Ox tracks have been proven to swim faster with the V-shape lugs facing backwards. Matt Oxender who builds the Mudd-Ox originally installed his tracks with the V-shape facing forward for maximum traction, but later found out if he installed the V- shape lugs facing backwards this would increase the water speed almost double.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-18-2011 at 10:23 PM.

So, it sounds like if I'm not in deep water much, it would be better for traction with the point of the V facing forwards.

My experience is to always run them tractor style (v running backwards) they shed mud better this way and also swim better. In reality they have so much traction it is virtually impossible to get stuck with them on. I have had it where I could not move forward but could back out and this has only been in snow. As i know you own a 2010 diesel you have plenty of power to push them through swamps, mud and snow with ease.
    enjoy and be safe
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread