Wild Wolf keeps breaking RR axles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wild Wolf keeps breaking RR axles

I just changed a left rear in my dads SC.

I thought that i would give an update on the 4140 keyed rear sproket axle. As most know, i went to busco right after i had a splined axle machined for me. After 6 hours servicing my machine today, thanks brian, becky and dakota for a tub full of mud, I was able to inspect my splined set up. Mind you the wheel hub is still using the bolt through axle set up, the keyway at the hub held up with no signs of wear or stress. I have never had a axle last more than 8 hours of use on that side. It always snapped at the bolt hole for the sprocket. I had 13+ hours of moderate to hard play at busco. I am not sure if this is the absolute best solution, but I am pleased with it for now, and it may be at least one feasable option. The sproket and hub I used for the set up was just stuff from tractor supply.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

An update to an old thread. This seriously gusseted sprocket/ tube is what finally fixed the problem in my wild wolf. With the sprocket being dead center between the frame rails, I think a lot of stress was being transfered to the center of the axle which also happens to be near the bolt hole (weak spot). this eliminated the flex, and last fall at Busco (with "beckerthewrecker" driving) It held up fine. I've sense upgraded the wolf to 1 1/4 splined axles, so it won't be an issue for me anymore. $10 + shipping for this sprocket, or grab a welder and some scrap steel and beef yours up!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Good idea with the bracing. Makes sense. Thanks for the update.

I bet that will also work as a bulge pump. It would probably spray the water out, lol.

+ Reply to Thread