up grade 16 HP Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: up grade 16 HP Vanguard

up grade 16 HP Vanguard

HI ihave a 16 HP Vanguard i want to UP grade to more, i like to 21 HP,

Any Briggs Vanguard that is 21 or 23 HP will give you a huge boost in power over the 16HP. Just make sure you get one with a 1" diameter shaft so you can use the same drive clutch.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If you want to just bolt in another engine, the 21 or 23hp Briggs would be a good investment. If you want to really squeeze ponies out of your 16hp for less money, go with some performance parts for your current engine. With stronger pushrods, stiffer valve springs, maybe a new camshaft and carb upgrades, you could pull closer to 30hp for less than a new engine. Lots and lots of folks have done it; it just depends on what route you'd like to go.

thank you very much, I would like to buy performance parts, the situation is this, I live in Guatemala , Central America do not have a place to buy this type of Performance parts, do you have some information where to buy parts.

Best Regards

I think these guys are a good source to use. They seemed very helpful with me when I spoke with them.

Performance V-Twins
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thank you for the information, you know any place that have B&S or Kholerl engines, used or reconstructed

+ Reply to Thread