Hoot aatv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hoot aatv

Good to see more selection out there but..

I inquired about the Hoot ETV some time ago via email because the dealer in Ontario from the Hoot website did not give any other contact details. It took a long time for any one to get back to me so I was not sure on there business operating status. I liked the fact that it fit into pickup truck but was not happy with it only seating one person. I figured if the price was right I would just get two machines or more. This puts me back to towing a trailer so unless this one has a price advantage over the Argos and Maxes I would stick with them. I was quoted approximately $10995 CND with snow tracks option plus taxes and delivery. Less then the Argos and Maxes I was quoted on but not by much, plus I can get an Argo or possible a Max used. I recently cam across the thread saying the Max II can fit in a full size truck too. This I got to see for myself for some reason when I measured one up at a boat show I determined it would need to go on a trailer.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...e-truck-2.html
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Vacuum Infusion Process

Hi MicMac, All the Hoot fiberglass components use the "vacuum infusion process". You can Google it for a more detailed explanation, but basically all the excess resins are vacuumed out of the glass laminates, which increases the fiber to resin ratio, which equals high strength/low weight. Part of the initial testing process was to select random samples of the body, and send them away for stress, tensile and yield analysis. The results were excellent, stronger than most aluminum and close to low carbon steel. Where is did beat them all was in yield, meaning it could take a tremendous impact and rebound to original with no deformation.

The other part of the strength equation is design, by using boxed beams, cloth orientation, and composite materials in high stress areas we ended up with a light strong body. It has also proven out in testing, and customer use to be extremely robust and is warranted as such.

In fact for the entire testing process a few people had the job of trying to break the machine by extreme riding. We hired a few people (one ex. marine) whose jobs were to break it. And break it they did. So we would examine the failure, redesign or replace it and send it out again. After a year of this we decided the machine was ready for market. Hence the name Hoot ETV (Extreme Terrain Vehicle)

Sorry Robio

That was me who gave you the quote, sorry for the confusion and delay. There was a broken link on the Hoot website and I did not get your inquiry for quite a while. Also due to the value of the Canadian dollar, we have passed on a $500 price reduction.

Regarding whether the Max II will fit on a pickup truck. The problem with all the Argo's and Max's is the width. To go between the wheel wells the overall width needs to less than 50". Both the Argo and Max are much wider requiring you build some type of ramp. Only the Hoot ETV will fit. Length is not a problem for Argo/Max/Hoot, with a short box you just put down the tail gate.

Thank you for getting back to me any how.

Sorry your web site had those issues but I will let other know about your machine.
    The tracks you guys have would they work on an Argo? If so let me know the price and width of track. They look like a better track system.

P.S. the Argo 8x8 is 5' (60") wide I could not image that fitting in any pickup safely or conveniently
    Last edited by Robio_8x8; 02-08-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Hoot ETV Tracks

Robio, the Hoot tracks are designed specifically for it. They will not fit on an Argo or Max. The Hoot tracks are 12" wide, use an offset rim, add 5" to the width of the machine (55" wide), that makes them 2" narrower than an Argo without tracks! The psi on the ground is an extremely low .4 They are made of plastic and will have a rubber cleat attachment shortly.

Thanks though for trying to drum up some sales, appreciated.

New Hoot ETV Video

Here is a new video of the Hoot ETV

BW6

That was an exellent video you posted about the Hoot . In fact its the best video I,ve seen of the Hoot so far .

Thanks Mudbug3

I will be posting another one in a couple of weeks. The guy in the video Andy (President/Owner) of the Hoot ETV is coming up to Strathroy, Ontario this week to shoot a video in the snow with tracks before it all melts. He better get here fast it was 12C yesterday.

Bw6

I was impressed how hard the Hoot could hit the mud with water on top , and not splash the watery mud onto the rider . Its an impressive machine . If it had 25 inch rawhide tires on it and seated at least two people , I think the Hoot would have a much broader market for sales .

I found this Hoot video on Utube

YouTube - hoot-etv

YouTube - hoot-etv

YouTube - Hoot ETV still shots

This is Hoots new website Hoot ETV - Experience the Extreme

I the Mossy Oak camo colour

This is a great pic of the Hoot

http://alaskahootetv1.com/100_2552_op_800x612.jpg

Photos
    Last edited by Mike; 03-09-2008 at 10:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread