ATTEX 300 - new engine plate - also belt pics with questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATTEX 300 - new engine plate - also belt pics with questions

ATTEX 300 - new engine plate - also belt pics with questions

Hello fellow amphibs - I had to make my own engine plate and posted some pics here. Also had to make some new rubber mounting rubbers - I used rubber hose and some flat washers -
    My question is the belt seems to be riding high in the pulley and I'm wondering if you experts could look and see of anything looks goofy on the belt - or etc - hope to hear from someone - please and thank you much
    Attached Images

Hi Swfleur,

Nice looking engine plate! Slotted holes are always a pain when you don't own a mill. I usually drill two holes and connect them with a jig saw, but yours look a lot cleaner than that.

Your belt is too wide. It looks like it's almost a 1 3/16" or 1 1/4" top width belt, and I think the first generation Attex machines used a much thinner belt. I'll bet that driven clutch grabs and spins the belt at engine idle, doesn't it? It'd be best to get the right one. It looks like a Gate 6040 is appropriate for the first generation machines.

A while back, we were discussing the absolutely correct belt for the first generation machines and LarryW came up with:

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    <<snip>>.... I checked and is should be 1-15/64th wide and 43-5/16.
    There's more discussion over here about the first-gen belts, too. I won't try to guess at the absolutely correct length and width, but it seems like some folks have gotten by with belts described in this thread. Good luck!

Thanks Mike - I appreciate the link info on the belt - I thought something looked strange -

+ Reply to Thread