My attex 8x8 military trainer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: My attex 8x8 military trainer

There's no mold line on the 6x6 Attexes. You can use a cheapie laser level to project a straight line to mark and cut on if you want to go that route. I'm still mentally tossing around the idea of cutting up some bodies to make a nice yellow 'Trainer some day. Its just that last few inches from a third body that has me stumped.

I knew I could not be that lucky to have the mold line on a 6x6. Just a little thinking out loud.
    My collection: 2) attexes, 1) super swamp fox

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    There's no mold line on the 6x6 Attexes. You can use a cheapie laser level to project a straight line to mark and cut on if you want to go that route. I'm still mentally tossing around the idea of cutting up some bodies to make a nice yellow 'Trainer some day. Its just that last few inches from a third body that has me stumped.
    What about just grafting in some sheet ABS, then covering it up with Racerone3's glass mat/goo technique?
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    ...cutting up some bodies to make a nice yellow 'Trainer some day...
    Now that something I would like to see! That would truly be one of a kind!
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

a few more tank crack photos

Oh baby...

You win, Marsh. She's been hammered right into the ground, but it CAN be fixed! It might be that an upper body graft isn't such a bad idea after all. Once you start tacking it back together and get the overall shape back to what it should be, I bet it'll look like less of a daunting project. My hat's off to you for even contemplating another one back. The 'Tanks are 40 years old, this year....

That is by far the worst I've seen, but like Mike said, if you are up for the challenge, she can (and should) be saved! Good luck, and please keep us updated as you progress.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The pictures don't suger coat anything it is that ruff so it will take a while unless I can find a 6x6 body doner.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Man that thing is busted down! It looks to be a daunting project for sure, but well worth the effort. I couldn't help but think, as I looked at the pics, how could ya put this together and be sure it would hold? Here are a couple of thoughts that you've probably already considered. What if you pulled everything up as close to the original shape as you could get it, and coated it with a release agent, separate the halves, then cover it all with a couple of layers of fiberglass? Then you could remove this after it hardened, and you would at least have a mold which you could mold a new top and bottom from if other things didn't work out.

My next thought was to use this, which I'm sure you've probably also already thought of.
    WEST SYSTEM | Plastic Boat Repair - Kayak Massacre

Gotta go for a bit, but look at this, it's KEVLAR epoxy just about bulletproof Gorilla Hull
    I know the guy who invented this, and several boat owners who have it. These guys run their boats over sandbars and logs into the backwaters of TBR to get into areas where the average boat AIN'T going, and they've never busted it yet. Anyhoo... there are a couple things for you to mull over - like ya prolly don't have enough to think about with a project like this one layin in your shop...
    Last edited by brushcutter; 03-04-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Thought I saw a sasquatch, but it was just the neighbor from down the road
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

marshgunner I mite have a lead for you on a donor body sending you a pm

+ Reply to Thread