New tires for a Vanguard...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tires for a Vanguard...

Smile New tires for a Vanguard...

Hello everyone.... My Argo is in need of tires since i bought it 3 years ago !!! I can't decide witch one is a good compromise.... I don't have to cross a lot of river, but want to be abble to do so if needed. I got some tire in mind and i was wondering if someone have already tried them. It's the 4SNOW who have a similar tread patern as the runhamuk, but I ' am affraid ( because they are winter tires for quad racers) that they would melt in summer !!!!! ( keep in mind that i run 13in track in winter) i dont want to have two set of tires.... If anyone have a good idéa or suggestion...

Martin

I see you are a fellow Canadian!

Do you get out to the Kingston Ontario way at all?

If so Princess Auto sometimes have the Carlisle ATV brand tire with chevron tread for sale for $39 ea
    I got mine from The Mississauga location

PRINCESS AUTO

If not Canadian tire has them but the price is not as favorable

I do not think snow tires would be a problem

This is not it but keep an eye on future flyers ( Flyers are online as well) MORE INFORMATION

| ON SALE NOW | CAN74.53.28.2_012208 | 2 |
    Last edited by Robio_8x8; 01-22-2008 at 11:32 PM.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Martin, ToryG has a picture of the 4snow tires on one of his machines in the gallery.

Goodyear Rawhide III's would be a good choice. Lots of people have run them and love them! They are an excellent mud and snow tire, good ride, and they swim decent too. The price is also very good.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile

Hi Robio_8x8...

Yes I'm Canadian and i got some family in Ottawa and Niagara Falls. I know Princess Auto and i'm gonna download their catalog to search for AAtv Tires.
    I was wondering if you Know someone in the Prince Edward County region by the name Jordan Bailey... We emailed couple of time about rides in this region... Next summer i'll try to join them for a ride and if you want to come along we sure be glad to have more friend... We'll keep in touch.... and thanks very much for the link on princess auto...

Martin

Hi Mike.... Thanks for the pics.... I think that i got my answer about the swimming condition for the 4SNOW.... My choice is not made yet... but it's good to have opinion from others people... thanks

Martin

Hi jpswift1... Thanks for the info on the Goodyear Rawhide III's... The only thing is that the made them only in 25" i think....and it's too big for me... My machine is a 1985 vanguard and 22" is the biggest i can put without problems... I wish i have a Frontier 2007-2008 with 25" all around.... maybe in a couple of years.... Thanks...

Martin

Martin, the Rawhide III's come in 22". That is what I'm running on my Max II and I love them. They are a little slower in the water than that 21" goodyears but the performance in the mud makes up for that. Plus they give a softer ride. I love them. You can see them on the Max at the top of the forums or click my gallery for more pictures.

Sounds Good

Quote Originally Posted by martwell View Post
    Hi Robio_8x8...

Yes I'm Canadian and i got some family in Ottawa and Niagara Falls. I know Princess Auto and i'm gonna download their catalog to search for AAtv Tires.
    I was wondering if you Know someone in the Prince Edward County region by the name Jordan Bailey... We emailed couple of time about rides in this region... Next summer i'll try to join them for a ride and if you want to come along we sure be glad to have more friend... We'll keep in touch.... and thanks very much for the link on princess auto...

Martin

I do not know Jordan Bailey in fact I have not gone on any ride alongs with any one yet.

I mainly use my Argo to tool around my cottage and I hope to get tracks soon so I can get in without using a snow mobile .I find the snow mobile to be too wild with a poor turning circle. Plus an Argo can carry more passages and cargo.

I am also looking into a newer machine
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

+ Reply to Thread