A Scrambler?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Scrambler?

I fixed numerous cracks in my body in one summer afternoon with a 15$ fiberglass repair kit at the auto store.It had the cloth and resin and my top was perfect afterwards!I actually took my scrambler on a 10 mile trip on asphalt because I had no other alternative.I would believe the owner it sounds like a leak at a hydraulic fitting or one of the u cup seals in the steering or brake cylinders.When my sprockets die I will just buy another one and bower it out and weld it on.The driven disk sprockets would just require me to order a go cart brake disk and a modification.One neat thing about the screwy scrambler drive system is that when you show it to a bunch of quad riders they just look at the machine completely perplexed-just like I was when I first seen it.I love my scrambler and I just got served divorce papers almost 2 weeks ago and after

the initial shock I made it clear that I am getting the scrambler!!That scrambler is much better shape than mine was and I would check I out ?I have never driven any other 6x6's s my attex is still in pcs so the final decision will be yours.Either way I will help in any way I can.
    I was kinda waiting for you to chime in!

Well, if you can overlook the visual apperaence of the machine, it is in very sound mechanical shape.

From what I can see, the sporockets are mint, the bearings are perfect, the tires all hold air, and the chains are great, not sure bout' the tranny, I've never seen an abortionate set-up like that, he said it maintains all steering after driving it for hours though, just something about bleeding the hydrolic lines every so often?

He put a single-cylinder 12hp Briggs in it, so that's a bonus.

Supposedly, the bodys are "mint", but just from the one photo from the ad, there apprears to be some cracks and the top and bottom tubs are seperated... he says it floats, but...? Attachment 7191

Either way, the bodies fibreglass, so it's easy to repair, I'm just wondering what happenes when you break something? I can still get parts for my old Argo, and worse case scenario, I could get parts made, but this sscrambler has some big sprockets, and weird designs... I'd hate for example to take one of the sprockets to a machine shop and have to get one made... but I guess thats the "risk" taken when dealing with antiquated machines.

Also, how does it perform with the tires spaced sooo far apart? It has 20-12-(3" hub? lol) origional flotation tires on it, but I plan on switching them out with 6 22-10-8 Goodyear Runamuks, at least then there won't be a huge gap between the tires.[/QUOTE]

Excuse all of my misspelling and screwed up. Replies.I am using an IPad for the first time and I have no idea what I,m doing or how to fix all these errors seems like I sure know how to keep making the screen disappear though!$850 is a great price in my opinion.I would offer $700 just to try and save yourself some cash.I paid $350 for my scrambler and attex but I have well over a grand in the scrambler and the attex needs at least $400 and the body is junk.I don't like the attex body at all.My at101 tires cost $79 a piece and I bought some used golf cart rims.All I can see you needing is wheels and tires and those are not cheap!
    Last edited by flippy; 08-02-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks for the info! well as for the tires and wheeles, I have 6 22-11-8 Goodyear Runamuks, and six 3 hole 8" rims, so no problem with tires, just hope if something breaks, I can find the parts for it...

+ Reply to Thread