drive clutch??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drive clutch??

drive clutch??

on my 96 conquest when i take the clutch apart there is nothing holding the outer sheave to the clutch.when on the bench i remove the large nut,washer,weght cover and weights and the whole outer sheave will lift off.am i missing a snap ring or retainer?????i see nothing in the parts book and i think the clutch may be newer than 96 as it has the tower over the spring with the bolts that hold it in place.helpppppppp.

Rd i watched many times but what holds the outer sheave from coming off????when mines on the bench i can lift the outer sheave/weight housing right off.i have to be missing something???i have had a thousand sled clutches apart and never seen anything like this before.elk season is a month and a half away i got to get this thing going.

Watch again, when I get to the point where I pull the Primary spring, you will note that I lift the top shive untill it stops. You can see that the centering plate/washer that goes under the spring hits a snapring midway on the shaft.

Really though, I don't think it does anything other than that.

RD

Will watch again maybe should have a couple drinks first to knock the edge off maybe id pay closer attention huh,thanks rd

Ok watched vid again yes can see where yours stops against some sort of retainer.took mine apart again and there is nothing,just a straight shaft with no where to put a snap ring or retainer(there is no groove)the only thing that holds that clutch together is the large outer nut.do you think this is a problem?i have never seen this and have had lots of sled clutches apart.

+ Reply to Thread