idea for preventing body sag on Max iv with big frame

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: idea for preventing body sag on Max iv with big frame

I was told by inflating them to a higher pressure they stretch or grow in size and then displace more water. The greater Buoyancy then makes the tires sit higher giving you more speed in the water. Given that they say 20 PSI max inflation on the sidewall I was even thinking of taking them to that if what I understand is true. Maybe someone can chime in who has experimented with this. Right now the tires tape just a tad over 26 inches across with 12 PSI.

Keith.

Not sure if there is a good "sag" solution for the RIM racer... I thought of a few, that would also mean adding more weight.

Believe it or not, I've been mulling over RIM racer body supports. Since they tend to sag right in the middle, I think you could get away with adding a couple pieces of plate from the frame, up the inside of the body, and over to the outside body-band area in the middle of the machine. My Attex 8x8 has something like this (I think they're 1/4" thick, 4" wide) and it's worked wonders for it. My RIM (as a trail machine) has the supports going from the frame up/over to the roll cage supports. Since I don't really use it as a trail machine (almost never....) perhaps a revamp is in order.

Here's a shot of the RIM's supports...

Here's a shot of what I did on Big 5.

The Max IV is on the trailer and will head to Adair for tracks in the morning. The support bar seems to be doing it's job. Tomorrow I will find out if it lifts it enough to put Tim's tracks over the 25x12x9 Rawhide IIIs I have mounted.

I will try to take pictures of the process. Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Just curious and don't want to get off topic or hijack a thread, but did the aqua torques not swim well?
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Just curious and don't want to get off topic or hijack a thread, but did the aqua torques not swim well?
    I run the AquaTorques with no air in them now. 0psi. Not inflated they are completely under water on the Max IV as the tub design seems to need some floatation from the tires to sit high in the water. They swim at a slow rate of speed if you are just off idle. If you give it moderate throttle they stall in the water. They worked much better on my Argo Bigfoot as the Argo seems to gets a fair amount of its floatation from the hull and the tires were about a quarter of the way out of the water. It should be noted that the AquaTorques out performed my factory rubber tracks in the marsh but I could get it stuck where the Adair tracks on the Argo Bigfoot would crawl around with ease. When not tracked, my Max will be wearing AquaTorques.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread