water temperature issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: water temperature issues

water temperature issues

When running with the throttle full on or nearly so, such as when climbing, my diesel ox heats up quickly and the water temp gets past 250 easily. I have to sit at an idle for several minutes to allow it to cool. This is frustrating to have to stop often to allow the temp to cool.

Has anyone with similar problems found a solution?

What temperature should it be operating at? Does the temperature gauge have a "redline" at 250? Is the motor still running fine when it is over 250?

I have zero experience with the MuddOx but that engine has been around a long time and I believe it should have an ECU that monitors temperature and shuts it down automatically to protect itself. When used in lawn mower and generator applications, that is usually the case.

Diehard
    I have never had a heating problem. Actually my heater keeps mine cool 90% of the time .It's hard to see why your's is heating with those two fans blowing air.
    I covered the intake vents in the floor panel, and cut new intakes out in the lower housing. I also cut out the top of the cowelling.( That also causes cool air to be pulled in through the radiators when the fans are not running)
    It draws cool air in the bottom and exhausts it out of the top, pulling out all of the hot air with it. Works great!
    I bought a "heat sensor" gun and done a lot of testing when I modified my cooling system.
    I would sure like to get my hands on your machine. Although moose season is about to start, and I will be busy until the last of sept.
    I have one of my fans on a toggle switch, and the other one on a temperature sensor on the water pump housing. Most of the time my fan does not come on because my heater keeps things cool enough.
    BTW my heater Y is cut in ( welded a 3/4 inch hose connector into the pipe) below the water pump!! Not into the upper right radiator hose. So, my heater is plumbed in parallel with the radiators.
    I think I could cool down your machine with a tad of tweeking.
    Bubba

+ Reply to Thread